New recruit - North Yorkshire

Hi - New member reporting for duty in North Yorkshire!

50+ years interest in photography and, with the help of a bottle of red wine and eBay, I have just bought my first drone, a Mini 2 SE with less than 20 mins of fly time recorded.

I bought it with the intention of taking it to our upcoming trip to the Italian Dolomites but now realise that I not only need a UK licence (now done), but also an EU + others licence which appears to be a bit of a minefield (we are going through France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg and Italy) so have decided to leave it at home due to lack of time to register and (more importantly) get some practice to use the thing!

If anyone in the North Yorks. area would be interested in joining an absolute novice I would be very grateful.

8 Likes

Hi @littleredrooster and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Looking for Public Liability Insurance? Then look no further, we offer £5,000,000 worth of cover to our Insured Members. Details of our insurance can be found at:

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene and please feel free to add locations of your own too :smiley:

Interested in becoming a member of our Club? Read about all the benefits of membership at:

Wondering whether you can fly a particular model of drone under particular circumstances? Check out Good 2 Go where you’ll soon find the answer :blush:

Have you seen our Members Map? You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the Questions & Answers category.

Our Associates are able to enjoy a lot of great services for free but our Members are eligible for a whole lot more! Read all the details about our Membership Benefits?

And finally, if you are new to drones and wondering what it’s all about, have a look at Resources for a beginner.

Welcome once again!

Good evening @littleredrooster & welcome :+1:

An excellent choice of first drone @littleredrooster :smiley:

Members in the north organise meet ups on a regular basis, keep your eyes peeled on the Meetups category :smiley:

1 Like

Hi and welcome

I’m based not far from Selby in this fine county.

Join up to @group-yorkshumber we often meet up for banter and flying all around the area.

3 Likes

Welcome to the group, I’m based in Leeds.

What Chris @milkmanchris means is we mainly throw insults at each other :rofl:

1 Like

It’s not really, go here LZ - Front page sign up for a free account, then sit the test for free.

Welcome aboard by the way

Hello, a warm welcome to Grey Arrows from the NW area, quite a few Meet-Ups in the NW and NE, join the Groups pages to stay informed :slight_smile: Hope to see you at a meet :slight_smile:

Welcome to the group.

Welcome to the group.

I’m a little further south in Doncaster but regularly get to meets in Yorkshire and the north west.

Get plenty of practice in before you travel and order yourself a few spare memory cards.

If you have any questions, check the search bar or fire up a post and this friendly bunch will be sure to help

2 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome, and the LZ link in particular - I hadn’t found that one and it seems much simpler than I thought.
I’ve decided not to take it on holiday as a) I haven’t yet flown it, and b) I can’t just nip into the garden (or anywhere close) to practice as I live too close to military airfields and it is a restricted area. Doh!

1 Like

Hi @littleredrooster welcome :wave:

I live near Well, about 12 miles away from Thirsk. I have a Mini 2 and have done quite a few videos over the years, some of them on YouTube, example https://youtu.be/K0GIVl20sPI

You are welcome to take off and land from our driveway whenever you like - we live in the middle of nowhere, not far from you and the driveway is a big old farm entrance with plenty of parking and space so you wouldn’t be in the way of anything

5 Likes

That’s what we’re all here for, share the knowledge and help eachother out

Thank you, Tim - I may take you up on this offer when we return from holiday.

Hi, and welcome aboard.
Your trip sounds awesome. Have a good time

1 Like

Have a great time - pity you didn’t get practice in before you left

I’m in North Yorkshire (Skipton) welcome to the club

Hi @littleredrooster - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1: