New registrations

Hi all i bought a phantom 4 early this year .not flown it much due to house move /work etc . Took it to work to charge it all up to fly it to take pics etc. A guy asked how did i get on with the new laws.? Apparently i can get fined for not registering is this correct ?thanks

1 Like

Definitely Yes.
You now have to register by law.
Log on to the caa site ( I’m sure someone will put the link up soon) and make sure it is the CAA then go to drone registration, all the info is there, just a simple 20 question test and enter your details and pay the £9. Fee and from there you will get allocated your drone registration and flyer I’d.
Note make sure you only pay £9. As there’s a few scam sites charging far more.

1 Like

@Phantomfish more details here:

1 Like

https://register-drones.caa.co.uk/individual
This is the website to register

2 Likes

Quick question, If you join FPVUK, till when don’t you have to register with the CAA? Would the fee be the same £9 when the time comes to register?

I’m sure the answer is somewhere on the forum but thought I’d ask here again, sorry.

If you’re a paid up member of FPVUK and have requested that they register for you, then you won’t have to do anything.

That extension was originally until January, but did I read somewhere that it had been extended? :thinking:

Either way, won’t need to do anything (again, provided you told them to register on your behalf).

And yes, FPVUK will be asking you for your £9 at some point in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

Had a quick look on the FPVUK site, couldn’t find any mention of an extension.

It’s until 23 February now, although I’m struggling to find the updated exemption documents on the CAA site.

2 Likes

Found it, and updated relevant thread here.

2 Likes

Thanks @kvetner I thought I’d seen it mentioned somewhere!

1 Like

They also do the online test.
Missread the practical test bit, ( not having flown for over a year).:thinking:
Spent a day upgrading firmware and looking looking for someone to test me! :sunglasses: