New regulations announced

1 Like

Blimey! The BBC are right up to date!

Thatā€™s a 5+ year old Phantom 2 with the H33D gimbal and a GoPro!!

2 Likes

Good to see that the rate of increase in reported ā€œincidentsā€ is dropping off ā€¦. and in comparison to the increase in the number of drones, I reckon thatā€™s good!

But they omitted that comparison.

Annotation%202019-01-07%20205200

I bumped your (identical) post over to here, @sunstone

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

Thatā€™s so old!! That came about after the smuggling of drugs into prisons that was in that TV program months ago!

3 Likes

Oops, sorry. Did have a quick look before posting :see_no_evil:

1 Like

You wouldnā€™t have noticed ā€¦ about 30 seconds apart. :wink:

1 Like

Aaah donā€™t feel so guilty now. Will sleep tonight :wink:

2 Likes

@milkmanchris Iā€™ve moved your post over here along with @rangioran and @sunstoneā€™s posts on the same subject :blush:

Hi Daniel - moved your post into this collection of identical posts. :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™m very (easily) confusedā€¦ I thought the 250g+ registration was starting on November 30th already?

1 Like

where a serious offence has been committed and a warrant is secured.

1 Like

There is very little thatā€™s new really.
The exclusion zone around airports will be extended (what to?)
The Police can tell a drone operator to land immediately. (Thatā€™s so they donā€™t get charged themselves with endangering an aircraft by distracting the pilot).
And thereā€™s a fixed penalty of Ā£100 for minor offences. (Whatever one of those is).
Most of the other stuff such as compulsory registration and on-line pilot test had been announced months before ā€˜Gatgateā€™

1 Like

Looks as if itā€™s going to be 5km.

I was always under the impression it was 5km anyway before the new laws clarified it as 1km a year or so ago.

1 Like

In the Times this morning it says the exclusion zone will be extended to 3 milesā€¦ Surely this is for the big airports only right? I think that sounds a little excessive.

I am also yet to see any hard evidence of a drone being operated at Gatwick (that wasnā€™t a Police drone) but i could easily have missed it. I havenā€™t really been following all that much due to the complete shambles of an investigation.

2 Likes

Interesting that theyā€™ve implemented new laws despite having no evidence whatsoever that a drone was even used at Gatwickā€¦

I was bashing on the conspiracy theories not so long ago, but Iā€™ve got to say this whole situation stinks and the lack of information is astounding.

4 Likes