New DJI Smart Controller - Do I or don't I?

Well,i like the look of the new controller and rather fancy one for my mp2 !Just wandering if maybe just get a crystal sky?LOL help me out please,cant make up my mind!!!:thinking::thinking::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

I have a CS and yes the screen outside is awesomeā€¦ But its such a shame DJI give it so little love. The screen response is poor compared to any other device. The compass is always jittery. Firmware not been updated since last may and currently its still on 4.3.4ā€¦ DJI seen to take months to roll out software updates to there so called flagship monitor. The CS has really started to feel a little old and clunky, Theres a few starting saying things about the Smart controller not being so smart at all. Id give it a good few month before your purchase its still winter at the moment so how much flying will you be doingā€¦ have another look in a few months ,

3 Likes

cheers Gary,i have looked at a few reviews,and so they say,the hardware is twice as fast as the original cs .i have the chance to see one in the flesh,so to speak,and i am having a hard time resisting,lol,and i mean really,really hard.:rofl::rofl: MUST RESIST,DO NOT BUY!

3 Likes

LOL yes tbh if i were buying a new MP2 now. id probably op the the smart controller. But I cant justify buying one now ā€¦To much money and plenty of other boyz toyz to waste it on ā€¦

1 Like

I know what you mean,just about to purchase the Autel Evo rugged kit,from newegg.:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

@SkyDonkey as an aside,im thinking i can re purpose my ipad mini 4 for the Evo :+1::rofl:

Iā€™m with you on this. It does look amazing. The ā€˜onlyā€™ real negative that anyone comes up with is the price. Which is pretty but top end buuuut if you can just look past that for a sec then to me itā€™s a box full of positives.

Itā€™s high on my list. Iā€™m usually a ā€˜what the hellā€™ type but after lashing out over Ā£1700 for my M2P at the end of Oct last year my balls it seems arenā€™t quite that big!.. But theyā€™re growing! :rofl:

1 Like

the biggest drawback for me is that you can only use it with one drone to use it with another you have to reassign it better a iPad ect

1 Like

Worth checking out Ianā€™s video if you havenā€™t already

2 Likes

A ā€œone trick ponyā€ is not for me!,
Why the hell did they not make it compatible with other drones in their range.
Iā€™ll just keep using my phone/iPad.

2 Likes

Im expecting DJI to open this up in future for Mavics Pro and Air. Having watched a read articles on it, it appears to have the technology inbuilt to cope with the Mavic Air and the Pro. I read somewhere that OcuSync 2.0 is compatible with OcuSync 1ā€¦is this right?

Surely theyve got to at some stage. What baffles me is that the controller isnt compatible with the Phantom 4 with OcuSync 2.0 ?!! isnt that just a stupiid move? but its one that tells me that DJI are holding the unit back for the time beingā€¦or at least thats my thoughts on it.

1 Like

Its the screen for me. Im waiting to hear how it performs in the real world and to hear how much better (if at all) it is than your average smartphone / tablet.

Thatā€™s why i donā€™t want it. as i have a P4, and may have bought one.

1 Like

So crazy how DJI have alienated their customer base.

Be interesting to see how the controller pans out over the next 6-12 months.

Stick Occusync on the Air ,with extra sensors and a Hasselblad, now there would be a drone to die for !

3 Likes

I think we need to see them open it up to linking to more than 1 M2 at a time first.

Even if they made it work with MP - Iā€™d be reluctant to get one in case I upgrade the drone at some point and it wouldnā€™t be compatible.

I canā€™t believe that DJI are just stupid, so if this is part of some intentional larger strategy Iā€™m beggared to see what it can be, and rather fearful of what the implications might be, too! :fearful: .

2 Likes

Totally agree.

DJI has made a bizarre decision with the controller. ā€˜Stupidā€™ really is the word.

1 Like

:point_up_2:According this partly bearded chap.:point_up_2:

Litchi does NOT work with the new Smart Controller. You can install it but it wont connect to the Mavic 2.

Jeeez, this controller isnt getting off to the best start is it. Looking forward to future vids where we discover that it doesnt work with any of your fingers on your left hand!! :-1:

2 Likes

:-1:
Not looking good for itā€™s chances !.
Maybe they got the design from one of the 40 employees who have defrauded them of 150 Million dollars?

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes