New starter from Chesterfield, Derbyshire

Just a hello as a new joiner, I bought my first drone 2 weeks ago, a Phantom 4 second user and very pleased with initial testing.
Looking for places to fly, I’ve heard Carsington is drone friendly but anywhere in a 20-30 mile radius would suit me as I get more proficient with it. I’m not sure which is the best screen to use, the ipad mini pops up a lot on here, I need to get one as I’m borrowing an ipad air at the moment but it suffers with reflection in bright sunlight.

Barry

2 Likes

Hi Barry
Pull up a chair and welcome to the madhouse
As for tablet choice you will find all screens have glare maybe worth investing in a sunshade can be picked up reasonably priced or use an old amazon packing envelope and some sticky back plastic and make your own…

Jeff

Hi @strega55 and welcome to Grey Arrows!

I used an iPad Mini 2 for quite some time, with one of those matte screen protectors on it to reduce the glare. It helped, as did a hood, but in bright direct sunlight it was all pretty hard to see really.

Carsington Water is a great place to fly, been round that way a few times now with my Mavic Pro.

Hi Barry, I use a Hoodman,a like bit dear but very good , if you look on EBay can find cheaper version?
I use iPad Air 2 have no issues with the sun , also have a mod antenna on my radio, can get up too a few miles out and up but I stick to the rules on height and distance.
If you are using IPad I only use mine with no other apps only The one for the drone.
Enjoy your time flying.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply, I’ll have a look at the hood and remove a lot of the other apps on the iPad if that’s best, I’ll only use it for flying so don’t need any others.

Barry

Hi thanks for that, I’ll look to get a hood they seem popular.

Barry