New Total beginner from Norfolk

Hi all, Just wanted to say thankyou for letting me join your group, I live near Norwich and im totally new to Drones although its really is something i want to learn about and get into but i really would like to find someone nearby who could teach me what i need to know and preferably point me in the right direction for somewhere i could learn to fly , i know with the virus thing this will have to wait but any advise would be welcome.
Many thanks again and i look forward to being part of your club.
Regards
Scott.[date=2020-05-02

3 Likes

Welcome Scott

Resident Notfolk lad and self proclaimed see you next Tuesday @chrisjohnbaker will be along soon to offer advice all things Norwich based.

Enjoy your stay pal from a regular

4 Likes

Hi Scott and welcome to GADC.

1 Like

Hi, milkmanchris, Thanks for your message , i need all the help i can get lol

Hi seahunter, Thankyou

@chrisjohnbaker is in Norwich too, he’s a good lad and will be up for meet when all the current shit is over.

What drone do you have ?

1 Like

You are in the best company, in fact, if Carling made a drone club, it’d be the best drone club in the world…ever.

2 Likes

fantastic, thankyou, i have a cheap drone that i doubt you have heard of its a viper pro but i get nowhere with it so ive been looking at DJI but i need to know thats the way to go before blowing loads of money and still not getting anywhere.

2 Likes

Thanks Brian, got to say so far folks have been really friendly

Hi Scott, from the resident “Crazy Underrated Norwich Twat” (better know as C.U.N.T), thanks for the inimitable introduction @milkmanchris, My fame must proceed me !.
Seriously Scott, a big welcome to the GADC from one of the regulars.
As Chris has said ,I have taken many of the Local New Members on here under my wing ,(like a mother Hen) and have Fledged them into Proficient Flyers in just a matter of minutes.
We will all be glad when this virus shit has gone away, as we are all chomping at the bit for some freedom.
I live very near Eaton Park here in Norwich, and I am always up for impromptu meet ups with our Local Boys.
Please feel free to PM (Personal Message) at anytime with any questions you may have.
Where abouts are you in the City?.

3 Likes

We are very friendly, we are not the drone police so won’t get any ‘in yer face shit’ from anyone. We are all here to help one another through a common love of flying and photography. And I’ve heard of the viper, I’ve had a few drones myself but since buying and flying DJI drones, I’ve never looked back. Chris John Baker will be along at some point, he’s (in my view) one of the most respected and knowledgeable guys in your neck of the woods, and a great asset to our happy band.

2 Likes

Thankyou so much, yes you did come highly recommended lol and im really grateful , i should warn you that apart from many failed attempts to fly my cheap drone and loads of research on Dji site i really know nothing but hope to learn, i would love to take you up on your kind offer once we can and you have the time . I live at Hevingham Heath its about 9 miles from Norwich airport towards Holt but in the middle of nowhere lol but not far from Eaton.

1 Like

Don’t worry Scott we’ll soon have you flying like a pro.
I know Hevingham very well, a good friend of mine owns “Cobbleacre Lakes” in Hevingham, probably not far from you.

1 Like

I was really worried about joining as i thought these groups where for experts only but so far its great and really friendly and helpful . My partner got me the viper pro off one of the shopping channels as she knows how much i want to learn this and she thought it was a start to see how i got on before spending loads as i had been looking Dji but ive not been able to get anywhere with it so its either give up or learn about real drones as the viper is a big toy . Thank you all for being so kind and welcoming.

1 Like

It may be a big toy to you ,but, if your drone is over the 249 grammes, you should register it and get a drone registration number , and also a Flyer ID for yourself from the CAA.
I would not want you to fall foul of the Rules before you even get it off the ground.
I suggest you trawl around good old Youtube, if you have’nt already, and you will find loads of info about your drone on there, and also about the registration process.
I am not trying to put you off, just put you right.

2 Likes

Yes ive fished there a few times, i live on the next road over but its only about a mile and a half away.
As for having me flying like a pro you must be good lol but im keen to learn and i dont mind spending to get the right drone for me but its hard to find honest advise and help, that said i feel im the right place now, thankyou

1 Like

Not sure of weight but will check that and get it sorted

1 Like

Then you are definitely in the right place !.
Experience is what is gained from asking questions and learning about the way drones behave when in flight.
We NEVER belittle anyone on here because of their lack of experience, besides ,we all started the same way.
As for knowing which drone is the one to go for (when you become happy with flying your Viper Pro)
I have most of the DJI Drones that have been produced (apart from the Big Pro Range Inspires, etc) and have my particular favourite.
When we finally do get to meet, I will bring a few along, so you can see what may be the best for you at a latter date.

2 Likes

its really good to finally find advise and help and i am most grateful, i must admit ive been looking at the Dji mavic mini or mavic 2 but will do nothing until after i learn to fly , im just looking at the CAA stuff so i can get that sorted but i think these rules have come in after i have given up trying but im on it , anyway got to go spend some time with the family but i will keep checking in as i go. thanks again for being such nice people, i think i am going to be happy here lol.

1 Like

You need to see what your needs are, whether you want it for Photography/Videography, I my opinion DJI are amazing drones, it’s just a case of which one to go for, especially as their new Mavic Air 2 has been released, just this week among a flurry of press, and social media.
Please don’t tell the Wife, but, it will almost be in the Hanger, with all his mates fairly soon ,I hope !.

3 Likes