New toys have arrived

Just in time for the bank holiday rain :weary:

9 Likes

Nice collection there Howard, shame about the forecast :weary: I was hoping to get out this weekend too for a bit of acro practice

Looks like the wind and rain combination could make it difficult Steve.
Fingers crossed for the weather forecast to be incorrect.

1 Like

Absolutely Howard, hope you manage to get your new toy out for a test flight :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Fingers crossed mate. Hope you get to practice too

1 Like

Some of this :point_up:t2: and a fishing umbrella and you’re golden! :rofl:

2 Likes

The rains stopped just gotta workout how to set up the crossfire module on the jumper t

2 Likes

Haha I’ve thought about using a coating like that but figured it wouldn’t be good for heat dissipation. Does it work ok? I’d love to be able to go out in the rain when no other bugger is about :grin:

I haven’t used it yet. Lol main thing that put me off was you need to be happy that you’ve finished upgrading as once coated I’d imagine it would be a pain in the arse to solder to it as you’d need to clean off the coating.

1 Like

Lol yeah I would imagine it is. Some kind of alcohol rub might work? Isopropyl maybe? The other thing I was thinking is if you’re flying over a field with wet grass and crash this may stop something shorting out :grimacing:

That’s more it’s intended purpose if you was going to fly in the raid you’d need to coat any exposed boards and solder joints.

1 Like

I would love to have the balls to fly in the rain lol Sadly I barely have the balls to fly in the sunshine at the moment :rofl: Confidence will come with practice lol

1 Like

Talking of water, this guys got balls and skills :rofl:

2 Likes

Wow… :rofl:

1 Like

That’s mental!

1 Like

Nay, it burns off with a hot soldering iron :laughing::laughing:

3 Likes

Good to know :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Its not the electrics you need to worry about. Quad electrics are ok with a bit of wet. It’s the fpv cam. It clouds up in no time

4 Likes