Newb from S-o-T

Hey I’m from Stoke and I’m a complete newb to all this… on the verge of buying my first drone. It’s been something I’ve fancied learning for a while but could never really justify the spend on it to get a decent one.

I was super excited to learn something new that’d get me away from the computer and I was almost ready to press that buy button on the Mavic Air 2 but decided to calm down and research a little further… the restrictions on areas seem a little, excessive?

You lot may be a bit biased but am I mad for thinking of dropping £1k on a drone to fly in the UK? :rofl:

Also, saw someone else’s recommendation about holding off with the Air 2 until they add in the extra parts and for bugs so I guess I’ll hold back a little longer. Hope you don’t mind me hanging around without a drone in hand yet?

2 Likes

I didn’t want to pay that for a drone. So I built one. It’s cost me far in excess of that over a couple of years!
Welcome to the group. There are loads of places to fly as long as you follow the drone code.
Check out this group and:

1 Like

Hi Liv and welcome to GADC from one of the Non DJI dronies (although how much longer I can hold out is another matter). :smile:

1 Like

Hi S-o-T,
Welcome to the forum and your not alone on here when being new to the drone scene.

1 Like

You could probably pick up an EVO 1 now for less than £1K since the EVO 2 8k and Pro have arrived… I’ve got the EVO 1 and for the price the spec is excellent, hard to beat similar price with DJI and no restrictions on where you can GEO fly… a bonus… good support and reasonable on spares which you can get most in UK if you search…

Hope helps

Cheers

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ve had a friend who did try to tempt me with building a drone which’d be a bit more aerobatic for a lot less but I think it may be best I start with a fully built one first… and maybe even more so if it’s so easy to splash the cash on upgrading them haha!

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll check the EVO out and see some comparisons!

The features of the Mavic Air 2 really caught my eye as I was originally looking at the Zoom version, cooler cam and gimble but more money for lesser specs and an older product. Air 2 felt like a no brainer especially if the zoom gimble can be bought separate.

1 Like

Welcome Liv @Liv
:wave::wave::wave:

1 Like

Thank you all for the welcomes :smiley:

Turns out the ol’ pandemic brought out much more pressing matters for me than droning around but I’ve finished work for Xmas and finally got that drone and I’ve been out for a couple of flights, enjoying it so far, figured I’d say hi again.

2 Likes

If the sunset / sunrise pictures were taken after 12ef December feel free to enter the one you like best in the current fortnightly photo competition

2 Likes

Great set of photos Liv :+1:t2: No.5 is gorgeous :heart_eyes:
As @macspite said you should pick your favourite and enter it in the RTF Sunrise/Sunset competition if they were taken since 12th Dec :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks guys! They were taken on 20th and 22nd dec so I’ll enter one, can’t decide on 3rd or 5th photo :thinking:

1 Like