Newb from S-o-T

Hey I’m from Stoke and I’m a complete newb to all this… on the verge of buying my first drone. It’s been something I’ve fancied learning for a while but could never really justify the spend on it to get a decent one.

I was super excited to learn something new that’d get me away from the computer and I was almost ready to press that buy button on the Mavic Air 2 but decided to calm down and research a little further… the restrictions on areas seem a little, excessive?

You lot may be a bit biased but am I mad for thinking of dropping £1k on a drone to fly in the UK? :rofl:

Also, saw someone else’s recommendation about holding off with the Air 2 until they add in the extra parts and for bugs so I guess I’ll hold back a little longer. Hope you don’t mind me hanging around without a drone in hand yet?

2 Likes

I didn’t want to pay that for a drone. So I built one. It’s cost me far in excess of that over a couple of years!
Welcome to the group. There are loads of places to fly as long as you follow the drone code.
Check out this group and:

1 Like

Hi Liv and welcome to GADC from one of the Non DJI dronies (although how much longer I can hold out is another matter). :smile:

1 Like

Hi S-o-T,
Welcome to the forum and your not alone on here when being new to the drone scene.

1 Like

You could probably pick up an EVO 1 now for less than £1K since the EVO 2 8k and Pro have arrived… I’ve got the EVO 1 and for the price the spec is excellent, hard to beat similar price with DJI and no restrictions on where you can GEO fly… a bonus… good support and reasonable on spares which you can get most in UK if you search…

Hope helps

Cheers

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ve had a friend who did try to tempt me with building a drone which’d be a bit more aerobatic for a lot less but I think it may be best I start with a fully built one first… and maybe even more so if it’s so easy to splash the cash on upgrading them haha!

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll check the EVO out and see some comparisons!

The features of the Mavic Air 2 really caught my eye as I was originally looking at the Zoom version, cooler cam and gimble but more money for lesser specs and an older product. Air 2 felt like a no brainer especially if the zoom gimble can be bought separate.

1 Like

Welcome Liv @Liv
:wave::wave::wave:

1 Like

Thank you all for the welcomes :smiley: