Newbie from Gloucester

Hello All,

Newbie with a DJI Mavic Mini however have used a Phantom 1 a few times so with some experience.

I have been eager to get out and fly the mini however just have not been able to find anywhere specially reading the drone guides there are so many don’ts that it almost feels like need to go to some far away in the middle of no where.

I firstly need to start to get a feel of the mini so I know what it is capable of. Phantom was decent and even with 20km/h winds was controllable. I don’t think the mini would do so well lol.

does anyone have any good recommendations of areas where I should try fly. I am in Kingsway area.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @BONBONIZER
I’m in Apperley,
Although I’m droneless :sob: at the minute I tended to walk parts of the Severn way ( footpath that follows the river Severn) I’d find a quiet spot and launch, there’s miles of footpaths there and quiet, from there just follow the drone code :wink:
There’s also the canal towpath, I’ve not seen signs to the contrary, just don’t launch near houses.
Good luck.

2 Likes

Thanks,

I will give those areas a try for sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good place to fly, just east north east of you about 8 miles. Should get some results there :shushing_face: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey Bonbonizer,

I’m Glynn, and I live in Coney Hill… While we’ve been locked down, I’ve been up to Barrow Wake (Birdlip viewpoint), and over to Rodborough, Minchinhampton and Selsley Commons, the other side of Stroud.
There are only a few places within the City boundaries that you can fly a drone - mostly because the city council have restricted it (places like Robinswood Hill, and the Quays etc).

If you can find a quiet day in Gloucester Park, you’ll probably be able to use up a few batteries flying around.

Out towards Kingsway, I’d head over to the Canal and Severn areas… As long as you’re happy flying over water!

Glynn

1 Like

Hi BONBONIZER. I marked a good spot on the Where to fly map at Tirley. Big open area to fly in, and plenty of space between me and the anglers on the Severn. Been there a few times to practice.

1 Like

Thank you, I have made a note of the options just praying for the weather to sort itself out now lol

Thank you - will give it a go

@tanglefoot Hiya mate,

Where is this Map for Tirely you mentioned ? Sorry I manage to click delete on your post not sure how to bring it back lol

If you click on the big Grey Arrows logo at top of any page, then scroll down to Where to Fly in the UK, Click on that and then on Map.

Bonbonizer,
Weather is supposed to pick up on Friday…
Just need to check the wind speed!
G

1 Like

Thanks Chris, I did not know how to post that link.

Yon can copy and paste almost anything as long as it’s in a line if it’s own and you get a nice pretty ‘one box’ around it

1 Like

Welcome to the GADC @BONBONIZER hope you enjoy the interaction as much as I am

1 Like