Newbie from Tunbridge Wells Kent

Hi, thank you for excepting me into your club. I have not flown my drone’s for a while now and would like to get back into it. I was searching some places near me and Ashdown Forrest was one of them and that’s how I saw your club and I thought great go for it lol. I like to do things legally as you should and I have just completed my A2 COFC which means I can fly 50m rather than 150m but being a legacy drone it will probably go back to 150m next year. I have a Phantom 4pro+ and a Mavic 2pro. Hoping to meet new fiends on the way and share knowledge and luring new things on the way. My main purpose of the drone is aerial photography.

2 Likes

Don’t hold your breath :slight_smile:

It is very likely that date will be pushed back a year or two.

Welcome to GADC @Rob2 :wave:t2:

1 Like

Hi Robert - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Welcome Rob to GADC :grinning:

1 Like

You’ve come to the right place

Welcome

1 Like

If you are flying recreationally and not commercially, have a look at joining FPV UK for £19.99 and flying under Article 16. This allows you to take off 30m from uninvolved people and overfly them above 30m. You cannot fly in built-up areas but you can fly up to the edge. You get £5M public liability insurance cover - and you can reduce separations further if you do a risk assessment. Unlike A2CofC/legacy etc this is not expected to change in 2023. I have A2CofC as well but normally fly under Article 16 (nb you need to decide which rules to use before you take off - you can’t mix and match!).

2 Likes

Hi Dormouse thank’s for that I will look into the FPV UK. I’m going to be flying recreationally for the time being which will be under Article 16. I was having a look arround some of the places where I can fly local to me just so I can get the feel of the drone. Some of the places are not drone frindly which can be a bit fustrating lol.

Hi Rob,
Another newbie here. Passed my A2 CofC today and recently acquired an Air 2S. i live in Heathfield, so not too far from you. i looked at Ashdown Forest but was unsure of the bylaws. Any info on good places to fly would be very welcome.

1 Like

Welcome @Rob2

1 Like

Hi @Rob2 and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

2 Likes

Hi Ghedges nice to meet you. I did look into Ashdown but when I went onto there site they had a long list of bylaws which was crazy. From what I understand it use to be a hunting grounds.

Hi OzoneVibe, thanks for that I will check it out :+1:

1 Like

Welcome from the Black Country mate

1 Like