Newbie from Wiltshire

Thank you, I have saved your pics and directions :smiley:
A new folder for locations seems wise for starting out. Thanks again

@clinkadink wow, that’s some climb to get to the top of Battlesbury that way! It’s at least a 45 degree climb! I wouldn’t even contemplate going that way…

The way I take is shown as the blue line, snaking off to the left. This is a much gentler climb, still gets the heart pumping though! :slight_smile:

Worth noting too that it’s possible to park (at the side of the road) halfway up Sack Hill, at the start of my orange line, which cuts out the vast majority of the climb. That’s the route I took on Sunday.

Well done, either orange or blue route look much easier. I wouldn’t advise anyone to use the yellow route. I had to wait a good 5 minutes at the top, just to catch my breath before filming. The way down was even more terrifying, I had to come down backwards most of the way.

Below is a view from the top of the yellow route. From the photo, it looks a shallower slope than it actually is, plus it doesn’t show the mud :wink:

1 Like

OOoo, that looks much more doable for me! I have saved this pic too. Thanks Nik, much appreciated!

2 Likes

I am deffo going to have to work up to this! After seeing that other route, you sir are crazy. Maybe a sled for the way back down? :wink: Could get some good gopro action.