Newbie in Newcastle

Hi everyone. I am the proud owner of a new drone and hoping to build up enough confidence to get above 20 metres on my next outing :joy:

I picked up a DJI Mini 2 with flymore bundle this week. Lots of reading done so far, and lots still to do. I’ve done the CAA registration including flyer ID, just to make sure I knew the basics. My 12 year old son also did the test, and got a better score than me so is already claiming to be the expert.

Pleased to have found the site. It looks like a useful resource.

2 Likes

Howay @tonymc77 and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

2 Likes

Welcome to GADC from Fareham in Hampshire. :smiley:

1 Like

@tonymc77 welcome from Middlesbrough

1 Like

Hi Tony - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Mini 2 is a great choice for your first drone - you & your son will enjoy I’m sure :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Morning Tony & welcome to GADC :+1:t2:

1 Like

Hi Tony and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hi Tony welcome to the club hope you and your son have fun

1 Like

Welcome Tony from Bedfordshire. Hope you both manage to get out and have fun with the mini 2 :grinning:

1 Like

Welcome from North Tyneside

1 Like

Welcome from the East Midlands, I approve of your drone choice, I’ve had much fun from mine

1 Like

Greetings from Belfast. Have fun.

1 Like

I have also just bought a DJI Mini 2.
On my 3rd flight I took it up to 100 ft. That seemed awfully high.
Stuart

I bet it did!

I am yet to go out for another flight due to wind and rain. Hopefully get some air time this afternoon.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

1 Like

hi @tonymc77. Welcome to the club, I’ve been messing around with a cheap drone for a while, just did the same as you and got the Mini 2 Flymore bundle, so looking forward to having some fun. Though not the best time to get a drone, now it’s finally realised it’s winter!

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @tonymc77 from sunny Gateshead.
I’m sure you’ll have great fun if you can manage to get the drone away from your son!

1 Like