Newbie in Norfolk

Hi, I’m a new drone owner and flyer on the Norfolk/Suffolk border. Mainly interested in the photography part of the hobby. Would be interested in meeting up with other flyers in the area.

3 Likes

Welcome to the nut house, Lots of info and a larf on the way

Enjoy :+1:

Hi Steve / @SteveW, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A few of our members also own a Zino … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Hi Steve from a fellow Norfolk Flyer up here in Norwich.
We have several members around the Norfolk area, but, they are taking a long time to come out of hibernation from the Winter !,
Come on you sleepy sods, wake up and get flying.
Once again big welcome from Norwich Boys.

1 Like

I’m still around @chrisjohnbaker but the drone is busy gathering dust at the moment, life has been too busy lately.
Welcome @SteveW I am based over Yarmouth way, this is the right place for help and advice.

2 Likes

Hi and welcome Steve to the family.

1 Like

Hi Paul, Hope things are well with you?.
How is “Willow” keeping?.

@SteveW,
You are very close to another of our “New” members who is at Beccles @Boydey (John) who I met up with the other week.
If you need any pointers on flying your drone LMK.
John may have a few ideas around your area, I gather from him that Waveney Council have a drone ban in place, Pretty sure they cannot implement that County wide, yeah right!.
Just find any “Public” areas, and follow the drone code and you will be fine.
I am off the Lowestoft next weekend, and I fully intend to take my Mavic 2 Pro “Mr Council” !!

2 Likes

Welcome Steve,
New to flying myself.

I hope you and the Zion have many happy hours together!

1 Like

I’m good thanks, especially since starting a new job last week. Willow is doing really well, as far as we can tell. She’s lost weight which is always going to help her condition

1 Like

Good news for both you, and Willow, here’s hoping she continues to improve.

1 Like

Hi Steve .
Derbyshire this end but go to Norfolk area often .
Done some good flying in Hunstanton .

2 Likes

I always before I head off to the Coast here in Norfolk check the local tide table to the area I am visiting.
you can then plan your trip to catch the low tide, whether that be early morning or late evening.
Around Norfolk there are great beaches, where the tide goes out a fair way
I find the App “UK Tides” useful to have on your phone, covers 700 places around the UK.

1 Like

Thanks for that. I may well try it sometime.

Thanks for the recommendation and thanks for the app suggestion. I will have to try it sometime and try flying at the beaches.

Remember, the point on the beach between High water and Low Water is known as “Crown Estate Property”, It is legal to fly between the 2 points (except on Privately Owned Beaches IE, Holkham)

https://www.thecrownestate.co.uk/en-gb/what-we-do/on-the-seabed/coastal/metal-detecting-and-drone-flying/

1 Like

Thanks for the useful advice.

Hi Steve,
Hadn’t realised how near you are.

Anytime you would like to meet up just let me know.

Only been flying a short time, but loving it.
Again I have an interest in photography as a hobby for many years.
Never taken aerial shots/videos, so good composition & interesting perspectives are quiet demanding.

Check out the members pictures … Some are just stunning!

2 Likes

Hiya,
Yes my other half works in Bungay.
It would be great to meet up sometime.
We will have to arrange something.

1 Like

Hi Steve,
Sent you a mail message about a meet up.

1 Like