Newbie Question about videos

Hi all, new to the group, from Shropshire.

I see a lot of videos posted by Mavic Mini users, where you see in the video, the same as you see in the DJI Fly App during the flight (ie, map bottom left corner, height info speed info etc etc, rather than just the actual video (hope that makes sense). How do I get my videos with the same info?

Kind regards
Rob

3 Likes

Do you mean a screen recording @Blodhemn?

1 Like

Not sure how they do it, but could well be, although the quality seems very good, just like the actual videos.

1 Like

Can you point us in the direction of an example?

Someone will know how it’s done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Like this?

3 Likes

Ive looked it up on YouTube and seems like if you have a android you can get a couple of apps to record your screen but they are say quality not good , if you use apple then you mirror your screen to another apple screen and record it on that one , better quality but more to carry about. But that’s just what I found on YouTube and probably many here will know better as they already do this

No complaints with this Android screen recorder. Excellent quality and configurability.

1 Like

The ones I watched where on YouTube and all USA and I never noted the dates they where done so probably better apps now available , I have absolutely no experience of using these , sadly I use a apple and there doesn’t seem to be any apps short of using a second screen but maybe there is now apps for apple , a very interesting question that I will be following.

Yes exactly like this. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m using apple ipad Air 2 so need an app for that

1 Like

Awesome guys, thanks so much for your help. Ipad Air 2 has built in screen recorder, so I can just use that and gives me exactly what I need. I was looking for software to do it and had it already all along hahaha. That’s so typical of me.

Cheers for ak the friendly advice.

3 Likes

Also maybe a bit of useless info but if your recording your screen this will only be in 720 or 1080 not the 2.7k that the mini is recording. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Like the others have mentioned, most are just screen recordings and will show any interference or signal drops.

There is another way using Dashware where you can overlay any data you like and use the full quality video from the drone.

Its obviously more involved but let’s you add gauges, GPS tracks etc using the log file from the drone.

Probably not worth the effort if you just want a simple screen recording.

2 Likes

Cheers Callum, have also been looking at that one too. So at least I have some options.

1 Like

Can I tack on that if you have the Smart Controller (for the Mavic 2, etc) there’s screen recorder built in.

2 Likes

Thanks for asking the question as like you i have the screen recorder built into my ipad mini 5 and like you i never knew it but thanks to you i do now

3 Likes

I don’t think I knew that? :thinking:

Handy :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Built into my Samsung A71.

I didn’t realise the iPad had this option either… great info and going to give that a go . Well done

1 Like

be warned- records local audio so when you accidentally drop an Fbomb here and there, you might have to bleep!

Good for in-flight commentary though :wink:

3 Likes