Newbie to Grey Arrows, living in North West Leicestershire

Hi, just a quick hello all on here, from a mini 2 owner living in Ashby-de-la-Zouch.

6 Likes

Hi @Jonnydee - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Mini 2 is very popular with the membership here so lots of good advice available :+1: :+1: :+1:

Hi and welcome

I’d love to fly over and around the castle at Ashby-de-la-Zouch, but can’t find a suitable place to launch. Any recommendations please?

The Castle staff do not really allow it, at best you have to approach the council to get permission to take off from the adjacent field but they are not drone friendly. I have not been able to find any by-laws though on use of drones from the parks, and have requested a copy to any that may prohibit the use. I have been waiting for a while now.

Our very own Dronescene is your friend

FOI request made to the council and their reply, again all these are available in DroneScene

Thanks Jonnydee. I guessed that would be the answer. Appreciate your response.

Cheers,

Tony

I recall, from somewhere but needs verification, that the CAA consider TOAL from public land okay, providing that
a. You follow the code
b. There are no bylaws in place that prohibit TOAL and/or the use of drones.

I have found the bylaws for NWL recently provided under a freedom of information request, and I cannot see the use of ‘model aircraft’, by their definition, restricted on the adjacent grounds. I have also asked directly and never been given a response.

Thanks again for the information.

Tonyd