Newby from Northumberland.

Hi All,
Been into photography for over 20 years and had my own website a few years ago.

Now with motability issues thought I’d try drone photography/ video.

Look forward to trying out my DJI Mini 2 at my old Northumbrian haunts (and many more) but from a different perspective.

Hi @jevy47 and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

Hi @jevy47 - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Welcome to GADC :clap: :clap:

Hi @jevy47 and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

Hi @jevy47, it would be nice to see/hear how your experiences compare at the same sites with these different forms of photography/videography!

Hi mate noobie to this myself but dont have the photography experience either but going through the process of learning to fly proficiently I’d concentrate on that first. Spend several hours flying boxes, squares, circles ,ovals, figures of 8 at relitivly low altitude 10ft ish (if you have space to do so) its actually quit stress reliving. Being dissabled myself and not having access to the places i love like i did before is one of the main reasons i bought a drone. If i lost it i couldnt afford to replace it and may not be able to retrieve (without hurting myself) if i crashed. As nietzsche said " one can not fly in to flying" good luck mate

Hi jevy47 and enjoy the club, it’s certainly very handy!

Enjoy your Mini 2: I spent many years in Northumberland and look forward to an aerial revisit when you post. Watch out for the wind! :wink: :grin:

Hi mate, welcome from the Black Country.

Welcome, enjoy!

Thanks very much for the warm welcome.

1 Like

Yes, quite a strong Westerly wind at the moment so reluctant to try any coastal flights.
Might try a few early mornings in the coming weeks to catch the sunrise.

A gust of wind trashed my first Mini 2 - into the branches of a tree - fortunately covered by DJi insurance so replaced.
I used to climb at Crag Lough and want to fly there sometime, but each time I go up to the Wall to visit the wind has been too strong.