Newish - Shropshire

Hi from Shropshire

4 Likes

Hi and welcome to the family.

Bonjour Mon ami. Welcome to our little corner of the internet.

Hi Dave,
From Shropshire.

I have little to no flying experience but a kind member let me fly his Mavic, … such a cool piece of kit. I am truly jealous.

Welcome and I hope you have many happy hours on the forum.

1 Like

Watcha Dave… Please give us a welcome and tell a bit about yourself :+1:

Hi Dave welcome to the madhouse
Admin will be along with all the forms you need to fill in and an inoculations you may need :rofl:
They are off on a jolly and will resume normal service when they return
How do you like the Mavic 2 and how Lang have you had it?

Hi from Shropshire been flying from sept logging over 1 million feet I’m maybe one of the lucky flyers ,I’ve got with permission 500 acre at the bottom of my garden good views one day I’ll post some pictures & videos it’s Sunday morning so I think I’ll go and fly a battery about all the best Dave

Dave

1 Like

Hi Dave, Lucky you!, and welcome to the best Drone forum in the UK!.
We are not a bad bunch on the whole, we love a bit of banter.
And the “Lovely Men in white coats” keep us in check.
We get 3 square a day, and they let us out to play with our “Buzzy Things” when we feel like it!, so life’s not so bad!.

1 Like

Hi Dave welcome to a very helpful and friendly forum

1 Like

Welcome Dave
Sounds a great spot at the bottom of your garden, you could hold a GADC meet there

1 Like

That must put you into the Long Haul Flyer bracket then.

1 Like

I think a million feet is only 190 miles or so, Chris?

You’re over half way towards the Long Haul Flyer badge though Dave :+1:t2:

1 Like

Hi Dave / @Granite, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

An ever increasing number of our members also own the M2P … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

Welcome Dave, whereabouts in Shropshire are you (it’s a big county :grin:) I’m near Newport.
Great forum, great knowledge and advice (along with an excellent dose of craziness)

Hi I’m over to Church Stretton enjoying a evening flying

Dave

Welcome to the forum :smiley: