Next build just started

Well I have a few days on call for work. It’s light for a couple of weeks. So why not try to build a… Tricopter!
Here’s the start lol.

2 Likes

Now I’m confident to go ahead to design and print a petg frame…

4 Likes

Nice! Not seen a trickster in years.

@notveryprettyboy
Hi Karl
I’ve got a tri-copter in my workshop,
Not mine, belongs to a friend who seems to have lost interest in finishing it
Its a LR Copter from the guy in Sweden.
Feel free to come and check it out if it will help you, or just to have a looksee at it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Cheers
Steve :joy:

2 Likes

Cheers. I’ll figure it out. It was going to be on INAV with gps etc. But INAV wont do a tricopter on my fc (kakutef4v2). So I’m on Betaflight. I was also going to do a ten inch. But on second thoughts, i will go for a 5 inch I think.

D-Ronin :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Many years ago before the dawn DJI, App’s, 3D printers or flight controllers we used Futaba GY401 and Heli-Command gyroscopes…

:joy:

4 Likes

D-ronin is an option i’m considering…

3 Likes

NICE :+1:
Assume that’s a servo tilting back motor, what are you using for feedback signal?
Looking forward to seeing this flying mate :smile:
Steve

Feedback? Um… gyro?

Ah. I get it. If the fc doesn’t auto control the servo for yaw, I’ll have to do it manually! Just learning.

Hi mate
The system I’m familiar with uses a servo with a 4th wire, this goes to wiper on servo potentiometer and gives a 0-5v signal proportional to where the servo shaft is. This signal goes to a spare analogue input on the FC (air speed?) and this guys software uses that to stabilise the tail.
Pretty clever stuff.

Cheers
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah read up on it. But I do not have a fourth wire :grin:
I should be ok if I get my end points roughly ok, and I’ll be in acro any way. Hopefully have a flyer by Saturday morning.

1 Like

@notveryprettyboy

Great I’ll look forward to seeing it
You’ll be fine in Acro, it’s just novices like me who need it to fly itself :joy::joy:
Cheers
Steve :joy:

It’s going to be pretty basic to start with. But aiming to jazz it up a bit after a bit of prototyping…
Printing now, ready tomorrow.
Capture2

1 Like

@notveryprettyboy looking good, makes me want to tinker too…:+1:

1 Like

Did a bit today. But I’ve left my reading glasses in Kent while on a call out for work. My excuse for poor soldering.

@notveryprettyboy
That’s looks great, you have been busy :clap:
Look forward to seeing fly on Saturday
Cheers
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

Ta. I’ve got a feeling it’s going to be fun flying! And weird.

1 Like