No maps :(

Can anyone help me understand why I have just a grey box where my map should be?

1 Like

Android/iOS? Versions?

You weren’t in Aeroplane mode?

1 Like

Android, version 7 on tablet, phone is 6, same issue on both

Not in airplane mode.

I just spotted that when I start go4, it has an error…

init map error usage_expired

The grey map box says google in the bottom corner

go 4 version 4.1.3 (NLD) :slight_smile: on tablet
go 4 version 4.1.3 from over a year ago, on the phone.

1 Like

And the maps were there last time out?

I am embarrassed to say that I haven’t flown for quite some time (months) but yes…this is the first time I’ve not had maps…

2 Likes

Sounds like the Google API key has expired or something.

I’d maybe update to the latest NLD app.

1 Like

hmmm…I don’t have NLD (maybe I should get it)…the apk was supplied by a very helpful member on here

Confirmed re keys having expired Bryan, there was something about this on Slack the other day.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Ah sorry, misread, so it’s not NLD.

You can add your own Google API key using certain cloning apps.

I did it with one of my GO4 but for the life of me can’t remember what app I used.

1 Like

Out of interest, what mapping provider are DJI using in the most recent GO4 apps?

I’m not recent - 4.2.21 I think - but Here Maps were working last evening.

Edit : That phone is on 4.2.16 and had Here Maps OK … unless it was using cache?

Ignore me. It MUST have been cache …. I was in Aeroplane mode! :rofl:

Sorry, to be clear, the apk I’m using on my tablet WAS created with NLD, just not by me :slight_smile:

1 Like

So If I buy NLD and create my own apk using an original apk, will my maps come back or am I misunderstanding the problem?

Reading this it seems that go4 should have reverted to using google…indeed, my grey box does say google in the bottom…just no maps :frowning:

Not yet, the current version of NLD still uses the expired keys mate.

At a guess? That Google Maps key has expired too…

I suppose you could buy NLD now, roll a version with a working Google Maps key in it, then when NLD release their next version you’ll be eligible for a free (lifetime) upgrade.

Depends how desperate you are for maps?

I guess I’ll wait for them to release a new NLD. Not that desperate yet. And I have NO idea how to ‘roll my own’ with a working key in it :blush:

At least I now know it’s not ‘broken’ as such.

1 Like