NT Bye Laws

Do i have to pat them for my hand held filming on the dam last year .
I already pay them my water rates …

1 Like

Agreed - but my response to that is that most NT properties close around 6.00pm - this gives plenty of time for flying outside of the property opening times therefore not creating a nuisance or preventing anyone from enjoying the property.
if NT were a little more savvy, they could augment their funds by allowing drone flyers to buy permits to operate outside property opening times.

The people who work for the NT would rush to see you hang .

Ha . They may cut my water off .
Just turn up in the morning . Shoot and scarper .
Job done .
Sticking to the drone code of course …

2 Likes

On this point it’s not always necessary. Most dji kit will tell you to calibrate if needed, I drove from Morecambe to Leicestershire last month no calibration needed, this week it needed calibrating for exactly the same take off position.
My Tarot 680 using pixhawk once calibrated at home I can take it to the south coast with no need to calibrate as it compares gps positions and compensates.
But a piece of paper doesn’t make you a good flier, as it doesn’t make you a good driver.

They don’t like drones but always show drone footage of the property . Haha ., Can’t make it up can you … It’s all about the money you see … You pay the coin you get the go … But only if the NT like you, OR you work for them …
They don’t like you taking footage of what you have paid for in the first place 2 fold and some .

1 Like

Correct . And you are gone before you hurt that blade of grass and disturbe the stone wall .

1 Like

I calibrate mine every time i fly . Just something from my Phantom days . Just me … being over causious i think . But saying that .
Never had a fly away or any trouble … Just me .

1 Like

Nice …Think we will get on lol

1 Like

I should’ve added that it is illegal to take photos to sell for profit. They don’t mind people taking everyday photos, just not for monetary gain

That’s it . You hit it right on the nail . I have been saying this for ages .
People would be queuing up . Tenner a time . win win . .
Same when i go to an NT site . I spend 20 quid in the bloody cafe every time i go to one .
Just like the guy who owns the Harry Potter viaduct . He has it sorted .

1 Like

You are correct again …
Not an eyelid is fluttered when i turn up with a DSLR and a Simons 3 axis gimbal camera .
Bring a drone . Well Drown him …

1 Like

The trouble is, Drones are a relatively new technology in respect to popular useage.
Because of some unfortunate drone related incidents -Gatwick being one of the highest profile- there was a knee jerk reaction by the government to “solve” this issue.

This has led to a rushed legislation which hasn’t been thought through or looked at fairly from both sides of the coin.

Unfortunately this enables organisations like NT, Severn Trent water et al. to then put up prohibitive regulations in place thinking that they have the weight of public opinion and the lawmakers on their side.

The EASA new rules for 2020 have done a little to redress this, but it still falls mainly against drone users, the biggest misnomer being about data protection of images from a drone. This is unfair when everybody carries a camera on there phone or has access to professional level zoom lens or telescopes etc and doesn’t need a licence or permission to take photos almost whenever they want.

From reading about pilots experiences on this site we are doing the right thing by raising awareness amongst interested bystanders and showing them we are not demons.

And we should also challenge agencies like the NT when they publish unrealistic regs that fly in the face of laws and CAA regulations.

I believe as drones get even more popular, the technology improves so they are quieter and even safer then these rules will relax, how long this will take is the great unknown.

3 Likes

Nice statement .

I’m not talking about financial backing but the backing they get from members of the establishment to support their policies.
Have a look at who their trustees are. I really can’t see many of them backing any kind of scheme to allow drones.

Tenerife last year, none asked for. It found the home point so all good.

2 Likes

Looking at them and profiles . All very left leaning . We have no chance .

1 Like