Online purchases from Tecobuy and Ultra Online UK

Like those HK eBay sellers that even put the union flag in their pictures :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Plenty of overseas sellers claiming to be posting from London, Birmingham and Manchester. 3 week delivery times is an obvious clue but now I always check the sellers location rather than where they claim it’s coming from.

2 Likes

One of the most nefarious sites I came across very recently was while searching for batteries for a 3DR Solo. It came up in a Google search and when I clicked the link the listing showed the batteries in stock and at a very affordable price.

I checked the store’s contact details and there was a UK number and a UK address in a popular shopping centre/mall in Cambridge.

Must be legit, right?

NO!!!

Further investigation showed that there was no such store in the Cambridge shopping centre, the telephone number did not exist, and the alleged proprietor was actually in Indonesia. The few customers who had received their orders claimed they had been shipped from New Zealand.

What I can’t wrap my head around is that this outfit have maintained a PayPal merchant account for quite a few years and still do, irrespective of the number of claims and refunds customers have received as documented on sites such as Trustpilot.

Anywho, the site in question is dronesplanet dot co dot uk, I’ve intentionally refrained from listing the url correctly to prevent any possible link back to this site.

2 Likes

A recent reply from Tecobuy when enquiring about returns

3 Likes