OUR HOBBY UNDER THREAT

Has everyone seen this youtube video. Produced by a 15 year old student who is obviously worried about the direction being taken by the US government through FAA, instigating ever increasing controls over our drones. This young man makes some very good comments.
We should all watch it. (I just hope the link works)

4 Likes

Tears :pensive: what happens in America usually happens here given 5-10yrs

3 Likes

Only if we let it. I think that reaction to new regulations is gaining support, and we need to support where w can. Like the boy said, Nobody has ever been killed in a drone accident!! (Except for military ones anyway!!!)

2 Likes

Incoming EASA regulations are pretty balanced between commercial and hobbyists.

It’s nothing like anything the FAA would dream up and far from the end of the hobby.

All this searching for negative articles or scaremongering over regulations is probably the biggest threat to the hobby.

People need to just get out and fly and forget all the other crap.

9 Likes

What he said.

5 Likes

Agreed

2 Likes

Agreed

Hobbies in the past, everyone said that won’t happen

Air Rifles
Green Laneing
Use of Speedboats on Lake Windamere

2 Likes

Well the hobby,and drones in general,should be banned,sorry to say, but its true,they bloody hurt when you fail hand catching !!!.. :wink: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

What happened Tony? Did she nick you?

3 Likes

Don’t forget fox hunting

The 3 references where from personal experience But yes there’s probably lots to add to the list

Be positive. The finger you lost the first time wont get in the way again.:vulcan_salute::joy:

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Thank you that alone lifted my spirits Oh along with taking double dose tables for a day or two :slightly_frowning_face: to :blush:

3 Likes

I totally agree Callum well said :ok_hand:

1 Like

I commented on this myself recently after reading up on it.
I am a bit of a free spirit, so just use common sense and “business as usual” approach!

4 Likes