Ouse Valley Viaduct, Sussex

Headed down to Ouse Valley Viaduct this evening for an amazing sunset.

Wasn’t sure whether I’d fly or not but when I got there it was a complete no no.

There were police dishing out tickets and the area was crammed. Let alone the no UAV/Drone signs. Disappointing.

Ah, I wanted to know if this was allowed. There are several Drone videos of the viaduct in youtube and Facebook already.

1 Like

I think the day I went was PARTICULARLY bad and the police were there because of shoddy parking and blocking the road more than anything.

However the signs are very off putting and clear.

Can anyone tell me whether you’re able to fly a drone near Ouse Valley Vidact?

Looked in to this a little bit, the signs are from Network Rail and we all know their stance on UAV’s as well as the way the can be.

Looking at OS mapping would suggest that there is at least one right of way going through/under the Viaduct which presents an interesting legal question as we know that flying on a public footpath is allowed so why would these be any different?

2 Likes

From what I understand about Network Rail’s rules, you’re not allowed within 40 metres of the railway, so interesting to see if they’re allowed to ban flying in the whole immediate area.

You need to pick a quiet time. :wink:

3 Likes

They can’t ban flying anywhere.

They can say no TOAL from their land but from my understanding that isn’t their land but could be wrong.

1 Like