Out testing new DJI RC, I liked it!

:point_up:This.

well that’s your opinion, sweet spot on a m3 is said to be f4 sure it was the same on the m2p.

Are you talking sharpness here then John? I’ve a M2P and wouldn’t say it was best at f4, I tend to shoot between f5.6 - f8.

2 Likes

All the above have the lens full open at f2.8.

Surely DoF is important to you given your work is mainly landscape ?

1 Like

yes but you could go to another page and they would say different its each to there own , i am self taught so not a pro photographer or a pro drone pilot, and i am more than happy with what skills i have , ive used nd for motion blur and ive also used nd for sharpness, the m3 filters are not cheap so i use what ive got .

1 Like

i just go out and shoot mate land scape an all

Thats all its about ;o)

Have glance over Depth of Field though, its very easily overlooked if you leave the camera in auto exposure, you have some nice tools on the M3 be a shame not to use them all

2 Likes

yeah i agree, the build quality of the m3 gives you lots of confidence .

How good do you find the signal strength on the RC now after the update ? I’ve been watching lots of YouTube stuff but I want to be sure before I take the plunge or I will go to the RC Pro if it ever becomes available ,

1 Like

It was just a basic flight no range test yet.

I have found that there are a small number of photography snobs in this group, which doesn’t help anyone other than bigging themselves up.
Which is a real shame .

1 Like

Firmly with @milkmanchris and @Drumsagard here. Unless you want to create motion blur in say water, there is no point in using ND filters for still photography. You could just as easily control the aperture by changing ISO or shutter speed to achieve what you consider to be the optimum aperture for the lens.

Perhaps you’ve bought combined ND/polarising filters, which would possibly explain the colour of the sky and contrast with the clouds in some of your shots, unless they’ve been post processed to achieve that colour.

1 Like

Polarising ND filters are great for stills, they remove a lot of reflections.

2 Likes

ND Filters do work as they give you a slower shutter speed therefore you have more detail in the finished shot.

1 Like

Care to explain your thinking here? Slow shutter speeds are normally used in low lighting conditions or where a photographer wants to create motion blur. Using a slow shutter speed will NOT give you any more detail than a faster shutter speed, if used correctly in conjunction with iso/aperture combinations. In fact, it could have the opposite effect if the shutter speed is so slow that the whole image has camera shake.

jaybee

milkmanchris

15h

i just go out and shoot mate land scape an all

That’s what i do… works for most times, but I still like to play with filters when i get chance to plan ahead.

2 Likes

you cant say that on this site lol

Polarisers take out unwanted reflections. The sole purpose of an ND filter is to reduce the amount of light entering the lens. If you have ND filters that remove reflections, they will be ND/polarisers combined.

1 Like

Excellent photos.
love 'em

1 Like

Total twaddle. As @Drumsagard said, a slow shutter speed could, depending on how slow, increase the risk of camera shake and cause blurred images.

1 Like

camera shake ffs it on a drone, can you see any camera shake in any of the photos.
What it should say on the group page is “ no snappers allowed”.