Pano-Mania #1 - (aka The Great Pano Thread)

Bamburgh in Northumberland

2 Likes

Stunning, I spent my first school residential in Bambrugh May 1980.

Sunshine over Campus East, University of York.

1 Like

That really is an awesome view! :+1:

A photo wouldn’t convey the view anywhere near as much!

Great shot … but forgive me for thinking the one of Bamburgh kind of wins … a bit. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Loving this thread!!! :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Bet you cannot spot me in this one, saying that I was 1km away, probably why I didn’t realise I was directly above the powerlines

Great walk with the dog and drone even the Mrs tagged along.

3 Likes

Oooops!

4 from me tonight.

Wasn’t going to post these but thought they might serve as a good lesson why you shouldn’t use a PL filter when doing panoramas, especially with a low sun.

If nothing else might stop others making same mistake.

That’s strange. and I’m not totally convinced that the PL is not the sole cause of the problems in those.

For instance … this one is the waves moving between pics … nothing to do with PL.
Capture

And this one … no idea why. But there’s no reason PL should cause such a difference.
Capture

Were those examples of what you thought were PL issues?

Yes.

With the waves, my assumption was that they would not be so defined without the PL filter, its reducing glare and allowing you to see that they have moved.

The sky one I don’t understand. Its done it in all 4. Confused!

Not had any stitching problems with Hangar until I used a PL. Could Hangar have optimised their cloud software for mavic camera and the PL is confusing it?

Wish id done one without the filter.

I did a pano low over a quite fast moving stream. Nothing, other than Go4, managed to stich the water. I think that’s always going to be a potential issue.

Hangar don’t know what it really looks like - PL or no PL - so it shouldn’t make any difference.

Very strange. Let’s hope they look OK again without PL.

Maybe just a combination of the PL, low sun and lots of moving water. They did take a lot longer to process.

1 Like

Sunny day in York.

3 Likes

Love this app

2 Likes

Wait…

Sunny day? and York? In the same sentence?

#WTF?!

1 Like

To keep the thread going now the good weather has arrived, yesterday afternoon over my village (being nosey really to see how the neighbour is getting on with his new build)

2 Likes

You’ve got a thing about flying over those power lines haven’t you :rofl:

Loads around me, I know as long as I stay above about 40m I’m good :wink: