Pano-Mania #1 - (aka The Great Pano Thread)

Goole Docks

1 Like

Rushhome Windfarm (Drax behind it)

1 Like

Both fantastic shots @milkmanchris :clap:

@SharkBait Is this one of yours Josh? :smiley:

There’s a few I’ve seen in cityscapes that look amazing, I think the drone is lower than the tall buildings which accentuates it.

I finally got round to having a go, but North Norfolk is a little featureless!

3 Likes

My mate Alan would disagree…

2 Likes

First time at using the Hanger 360 and this is from a large common area between Westbourne and Emsworth, West Sussex , near where I live.

Had a couple of strange issues; the screen flipped upside down when opened the hanger app; because I hadn’t allowed for it to use my 4g, I had to closed down the app and reconnect to the MA when I got home.

All in all I was impressed with the image and will try in a few more locations with a bit more specific interest!

1 Like

Not sure about the Air but with the MP, once your done flying you can download all images to device and once home upload to Hangar servers.

It saves you having to setup mavic again to transfer and saves using mobile data.

When will they make Hangar 360 for Android?

1 Like

Never … they have been asked and responded, quite categorically, that they have no intention to do so.
Seems short-sighted on their part … but their core business isn’t mobile apps.
A real shame.

That’s super quality.
I’ve noticed that the auto 360 pano on my MA is quite low quality and has several blips on the overlaps. In the past I used microsoft’s, ICE on a pc to put together 360s from video pans. This has the advantage that you can use 4k video and there is only one possible overlap that shows up sometimes. The final quality is great but it can take ages to put together.
Are there any help instructions for using Hangar 360?

You should get as good a result with the RAW images from the Go4 360 pano in ICE.

Hangar is an “iOS only” app - but all it does is much the same as Go4.

Hangar creates fewer images (23) as opposed to Go4’s 34. Partly as a result of more overlap with Go4, and partly because it does an extra set at the -30deg tilt set.

The most important thing with pano sets is to get the exposure right … and preferably in manual exposure which results in minimum blending.

1 Like

Ah yes! I never thought of that. I used it in AUTO mode.
I’ll give that a try.
Thanks.

1 Like

I’d agree, though, the Go4 built in stitched image is stupidly low resolution.
It actually creates two (both low) but finding the better one can be tricky.

Im going to give AutoPano another go this week, I’m on the beta program and people are getting some great results

1 Like

Are you Apple only @milkmanchris ?

Have a windows desktop that the kids and Mrs use, but all the phones in the house are of the Apple variety, my main computer is a Retina MacBook Pro.

I’m not going to open the can of worms of which is best, but I like my stuff to work when I turn it on, and there are advantages to the same people writing the software that build the machines ;o)

1 Like

Plus my degree/early life is in photography (photo journalism) and way back then the whole industry was Apple based.

1 Like

Was just going to suggest trying ICE. Very simple and straight forward.

No chance of tweaking alignment - other than my little trick that I need to test more and do notes on.

I’m running Autopano Giga which is excellent, I’ve read good things about ICE so might install it on the Peecee and take a look, or perhaps run it virtually on the MBP.

1 Like

The best thing about ICE is it’s dead easy and fast.