Papagayo, Lanzarote 1/5/22

When the wind died down enough to fly for the first time in a week! Beaches at Papagayo, near Playa Blanca

10 Likes

Civilisation looks a lot closer now than it did when I first visited in 1989.
Yep, I know I’m old.

Yes, Playa Blanca is still expanding! In a rather strange way though, there are still plenty of areas of waste ground almost in the centre of town where you can safely fly from. Lots of roads, pavements and marked out parking areas, but effectively in the middle of the desert, some have been there for years. I’ve been shooting some panoramas, but Bimostitch on my tablet is refusing to stitch them properly, so they’ll have to wait for PtGui when I get home. I did quite a few panoramas though when were here last year:
http://www.island-images.co.uk/Aerial/Global/Lanzarote%202021/zLZO-2021.html

Yes,I understand where you are coming from. 1989 was my first visit, but not my last.
I bought a timeshare at Las Brisas, Playa Blanca that year ( Built and owned by Wimpey then) and had it for 25 years. So, my wife and I, and our children, then our grandkids all enjoyed great holidays there. I recently watched a YT video clip of a new dock being built to host large cruise ships there. I wonder what that will do to local prices now when an influx of even greater numbers of tourists arrive.
Were there few restrictions for TOAL?