Parrot disco for £299 anyone?

Temp was about 9 degrees Callum. Yeah just slightly out of focus from the start really. Illpull the chuck out and try to adjust the lens. I’m going to get a run cam 2 to do all my recordings for waypoints now. Only 49grams. Would like a session 5 but would be scared of loosing it. Hopefully my tracker will be with me soon so I can send it on a longer mission.

https://youtu.be/u41skkYOhYc That’s th newer one with 170 degree veiw. Lovely picture :sunglasses:

Runcam 2 looks ideal! How much do they cost?

I wouldn’t even bother trying to adjust the lens mate.

• It’s an absolute nightmare to get that adhesive out. Nightmare, I’m not kidding.
    • If it truly is temperature related, and you adjust the lens, what happens when it gets warmer, will it be out of focus again?

I think we need a day where temperature is 15 deg+ to get a better idea what’s going on.

Tracker is great for longer missions, peace of mind.

Yeah maybe your right to leave it.
Run cam 2 is going for around £57 posted on eBay. Can bee hooled up for FPV use to. Trouble is we’re fo you mount the thing. Having a sharks fin in few don’t help. :thinking: oh and tracking device is on its way :+1:t2:

Read a lot of the disco thread over at RC groups.

Turns out my second disco from Amazon is a refurb! Security sticker over original sticker and white firmware label on Chuck.

Really starting to piss me off. If I knew the camera would be fine when it’s warmer I’d be happy with that, it’s just the waiting to find out.

I’m day shift this week so will do a few tests tonight involving fridge and a hair drier lol

That’s a shit! Just hoping it will improve things. Think running a separate camera is the way to go though. For missions anyway

Definately. For just fun of flying the camera is fine. For £299 and what it does it’s Amazing.

Just frustrating when you see video of people in warm countries and it’s pin sharp.

A secondary camera would be ideal for missions. There are a few setups with the session 5 on YouTube.
Some forward and some back. Some have mounted facing down for mapping.
I don’t think I’d mind a bit of wing and prop in view.
Session 5 Refurbs are about £150 on ebay but Id need another few uses to justify buying one.

So tonight’s mission is prove temperature is the problem.

Then fit a foam bumper with 52mm UV filter to front and see if that improves it.

Yeah I’ve seen them refurb sessions 5s on eBay.
Think I’ve watched pretty much every YouTube clip on the disco. :grimacing:. Your right though. They are good fun to fly and at £299 they are an absolute bargain. Look forward to hearing how you get on with the filter on

1 Like

Ok guys. Trackers just landed.

Any info on what sim deal is best for these?

Thanks

1 Like

O2 classic.

5p text, min, MB

I’ve still got £7 credit from a £10 top up in September.

Only problem is you need to top up £10 at least every 6 months. Could see credit accumulating long term.

1 Like

I got a Vodafone sim purely based on the coverage out on the purbeck hills. Other networks are pretty dead out there.

1 Like

That’s a very very good point mate and probably more important than cost.
Get the SIM which has best coverage in area you intend to fly!

Cheers boys. I’m actually with Vodafone. I’ll have a look around

£10 over 6 months is bugger all really

I emailed parrot support about the focus issue.

Chancing my luck that they might send me another camera to try.

Response below.

Hello Callum,

Thank you for contacting Parrot.

I understand your frustration and that this situation is not pleasant at all, however, we recommend using our drones in outdoor temperatures ranging from 10 to 40°Celsius (50°F to 104°F) and in the case where the drone is being used outside this range, you will surely experience a blurry image return due to the fact that the camera lens catches cold (our cameras are not fitted with a heating apparatus) and unfortunately we will not be able to give you a better solution.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,
Joseph
Parrot Customer Service

Fair enough, at least I know that’s the issue.

1 Like

Parrots are native to the tropics … makes sense. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

:rofl:

I’ll have to strap an hand warmer to my parrot then.:confused: It’s ether going to be a run cam 2 or go pro session 5. More likely a run cam. Be Scared to loose the go pro.

This evening’s weather forecast “threatens” temps into 20+C next week!
Everything will be in focus! :wink:

1 Like

I guarantee the weather will be amazing next week, as I will be overseas with work and it always happens!

1 Like