Passed the CAA test and now have my Flyer ID

Maybe not such a big deal for experienced flyers, but just to let you all know.
I PASSED the CAA test today with 20/20 and now have a flyer ID.
Still only have my little Global drone and looking to upgrade to Mavic Mini 2.
Thought it a good idea to learn rules and advice for flying.
I understand that that weight of craft requires no test but very happy I did the book and test.
:slight_smile:

13 Likes

Good on you :+1:
Looking forward to seeing you get the new mini and seeing some of that Scottish scenery.

2 Likes

Congratulations.

Be safe and enjoy your flights.

1 Like

Congratulations, I remember how pleased I was when I passed mine and its a great feeling, plus I think even if you don’t need it ( for now lol ) it shows your intentions are to do things right . Well done you are ready now to upgrade , upgrade and upgrade as this drone bug is a addiction lol.

1 Like

Congratulations John, the sky is now literally the limit… :+1:

1 Like

Welcome and well done . This is a great site with really helpful people. Like you, I joined not long after passing the CAA test and getting my first drone, a mavic air 2. I’m sure you will enjoy being a member and learn lots.

1 Like

Congratulations time to get out there and get flying

1 Like

Well done. Now it gets expensive :grinning:
I believe when the new reg’s come in, any drone fitted with a camera has to be registered, so you are all set to go.

2 Likes

Always good to pass your tests and well done on passing with distinction!! :+1: :beers: :clinking_glasses: :popcorn:

1 Like

Hi, Well Done. Also as Nismo has already mentioned, Laws are a changing and even though mini or mini 2 are only 249grams, as they have a camera they must be registered anyway.

1 Like

Congrats man. Time to get up, up and away! :clap:

1 Like

Congratulations Pilot John, well done mate. :man_pilot: it puts you in a good position if ever you’re challenged by a member of the public whilst flying :+1:

1 Like

Congratulations! I recently done mine, was looking at different drones for a while so decided to take the test on the off chance, passed then realise the temptations for a drone hit harder, within 2 days I was getting my operator ID and ordering the Mavic air 2. It now comes out everywhere with me in the hope that the weather is clear enough for a random fly.

2 Likes