Passed the CAA test and now have my Flyer ID

Maybe not such a big deal for experienced flyers, but just to let you all know.
I PASSED the CAA test today with 20/20 and now have a flyer ID.
Still only have my little Global drone and looking to upgrade to Mavic Mini 2.
Thought it a good idea to learn rules and advice for flying.
I understand that that weight of craft requires no test but very happy I did the book and test.
:slight_smile:

15 Likes

Good on you :+1:
Looking forward to seeing you get the new mini and seeing some of that Scottish scenery.

2 Likes

Congratulations.

Be safe and enjoy your flights.

2 Likes

Congratulations, I remember how pleased I was when I passed mine and its a great feeling, plus I think even if you don’t need it ( for now lol ) it shows your intentions are to do things right . Well done you are ready now to upgrade , upgrade and upgrade as this drone bug is a addiction lol.

1 Like

Congratulations John, the sky is now literally the limit… :+1:

1 Like

Welcome and well done . This is a great site with really helpful people. Like you, I joined not long after passing the CAA test and getting my first drone, a mavic air 2. I’m sure you will enjoy being a member and learn lots.

1 Like

Congratulations time to get out there and get flying

1 Like

Well done. Now it gets expensive :grinning:
I believe when the new reg’s come in, any drone fitted with a camera has to be registered, so you are all set to go.

2 Likes

Always good to pass your tests and well done on passing with distinction!! :+1: :beers: :clinking_glasses: :popcorn:

1 Like

Hi, Well Done. Also as Nismo has already mentioned, Laws are a changing and even though mini or mini 2 are only 249grams, as they have a camera they must be registered anyway.

1 Like

Congrats man. Time to get up, up and away! :clap:

1 Like

Congratulations Pilot John, well done mate. :man_pilot: it puts you in a good position if ever you’re challenged by a member of the public whilst flying :+1:

1 Like

Congratulations! I recently done mine, was looking at different drones for a while so decided to take the test on the off chance, passed then realise the temptations for a drone hit harder, within 2 days I was getting my operator ID and ordering the Mavic air 2. It now comes out everywhere with me in the hope that the weather is clear enough for a random fly.

2 Likes

Wasn’t going to bother with it as I don’t need it, but was bored and had nothing else to do. Only two questions wrong, should really have got none wrong as its open book so to speak. But I’ve not actually studied as such, just read the drone code a few times before I actually bought the mini2. Most of it is just common sense.

2 Likes

I agree - I did exactly the same…
Just read through the Drone Code and answered the 40 questions based on common sense - and got 39/40. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
My wonderful wife bought me my first drone (Mini 2) for Xmas and have to say I really enjoy it, and living close to the Malvern Hills provides plenty of opportunity (although I understand that local Byelaws prohibit flying from (i.e. TOAL) the actual hills, which is a shame).

have got my operator and flyer id today 39 out of 40