People flying over National Trust building and Land

I went to Bodiam Castle, as I was walking to the north entrance to the castle next to the moat there was a national trust man arguing with another man next to the footpath.
Apparently, the man was flying his drone right over the Castle. I did see that he was holding a DJI controller although I did not see or hear any drone.
Apparently, he had been flying for some time and had already been ask stop flying his drone by the national trust man. And now if he doesn’t stop flying that he going to call the police.
By this point, I was just about to walk past, but stop and said to the man flying that maybe he could fly his drone in the field to the south just off the NT land.
The national trust man then said something like It was heritage land. I am not exactly clear on what he said. I did drive past the field and there was a lot of sheep in the field so it would not have been the best place to take off or land from.
Anyway, as I walk on around 50 more meters to the crossing, then I could hear and see the drone as it came down into the man’s hand.
It was very quiet compared to my drone, and It looks like a mine 2 I think.
The man disappeared soon after putting away his drone into his rucksack.

Later on, as I was walking just outside the ground I noticed some places where you could take off 400m from the castle and 250m grounds edge. I was thinking that if he had flown from that location he probably would not have had that confrontation.
As for me, I ran out of time to test out if that was a good location to fly from. Maybe next time.

2 Likes

see the topic at National Trust Policy Correspondence for more on NT