Pesky pigeons

Hi guys my mini 2 drone was under attack again by those pesky pigeons does anyone else get this? And how can I reduce this threat? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Ta

2 Likes

Dont fly near Pigeons.

8 Likes

And that would work except for the fact that pigeons are the Paul Daniels of the bird world and can magically appear out of nowhere :frowning_face:

2 Likes

ZuDXyfV (1)

7 Likes

I see no attack …just a bunch of pigeons probably from a pigeon racer’s loft …

They hang out at the church I want to video :joy:. Catch the pigeon! :joy:
Does anyone know how I can attach a Gatling gun to the mini :joy:

I fly above them and seems to work

Just get them all a set of these, they’ll soon forget about your Mini 2

tenor-5

9 Likes

Could try this I suppose

Homing pigeon missiles anyone?. . . . . :rofl:

7 Likes

I get this very often around here, more so now its coming near Spring when the competition for females is becoming apparent, think of it this way, a single small drone flying slowly through the air, it could be competition, I find they do a fast group circle around a few times, quite off putting when there is a sudden flurry of activity in front of the drone from no-where, so much so I have had to turn collision detection off when on waypoint missions to stop the sudden slam on of brakes then carry on, ruins the entire video.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I do to get out of their way. But I want some close up shots. Of the church that is :joy:

Brilliant :ok_hand: they should get the message :joy::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::ok_hand:

If you can’t make it look like a sparrow hawk, you could try putting on a really bright orange or red wrap.

1 Like

3 Likes

Don’t think even my Typhoon could lift that Karl. Also not sure the winged rats round here can read. . . . :rofl:

3 Likes

No mate, brush it on your props. It’ll create a mist :+1:
Cheers :rofl:

3 Likes

Just get your Mini 2 a bodyguard :wink:

5 Likes

Man… I’ve been trying to build an ornithopter for ages. One that mimics a bee or wasp. I just can’t get the wings to flap fast enough.

2 Likes

Haha don’t they say a bumblebee flying defies physics? That’s gonna be bloody hard mate :rofl:

3 Likes

It’s the 200-300 beats/sec and angling the wing on the upstroke that I struggled with. The wing just shatters.
I’ve used electromagnets, gears, motors, rotating magnets.

1 Like