PfCO Training Course

Hi all,

I hope I am posting in the correct area (mods, please move if not - thank you).

Spent the best part of a week on a course in Ipswich with UAV8, I found the hours per day a bit long, the course information came on a consistently quick\fast moving programme (maybe too quick for my old head :thinking:).

I thoroughly enjoyed the course and am so glad that I selected this one, for me there were disadvantages e.g. distance from central Scotland, train and hotel expenses etc., but I can recommend them, great bunch of tutors, ex military helicopter pilots mostly, extremely knowledgeable as you would expect.

The venue was excellent, the general course hospitality and quantity and quality of food was really the best I have encountered, exceptionally good in fact.

My old head passed the first hurdle, some more work to do and I hope to be PfCO certified in the New Year.

I can only recommend this course, worth the travel and bit of inconvenience without question.

I am really happy to have enjoyed the experience and expertise provided by **** ( well I already mentioned their name earlier - I am just a happy course candidate not an advertiser).

And if any of the folks I met there are reading this, cheers it was nice meeting you all, you will know who I am, I was the old git in the group.

John

4 Likes

Thanks for the post.

Moved it over to #drone-discussions … since this is very drone relevant! :+1:

Good feedback John!

Let us know when you get the certification and we can add the PfCO Certified badge to your profile @rorymax :smiley:

And for others who may be considering training with UAV8, don’t forget about the exclusive discount they offer to Grey Arrows members :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thank you PingSpike.

I have the certificate relating to the theory part of the course,I have more work to do including gaining CAA acceptance.

I guess it would be appropriate to wait until all things are in place before I advise you of PcFO compliance, hopefully early in the New Year.

Thank you,
John

2 Likes

Congratulations John on getting thus far.
Yes, the old git syndrome is putting me on edge for the PfCO Course ,
the brain retention is not good as I get older, unlike the Younger generation who just soak up knowledge.
Good thing for me is that they are only an hours drive for me from where I live.
Once I feel confident with my new bird, I will get it booked up in the New Year.
I am hoping that my 5 years of flying these drones holds me at some sort of advantage.
I am always very careful with my regime of flying, just hope I can keep up the clean score sheet !.
Great Post and Info for all the members, once again thanks !.

1 Like

Hi chrisjohnbaker,

I am sure your experience of flying drones will be a great advantage.

Although your flying skills are an important aspect, the main focus of the course is to make course delegates aware of (and understand) the requirements of CAP 722 - Unmanned Aircraft System Operations in UK Airspace.

I do not suggest you have to memorise all of CAP 722 but it is worth reading as the course is designed to cover the key elements of safe use of drones, so CAP 722 is worth a read, it is a large document, don’t let it put you off please, I just hope that it offers you some insight as to what the course entails.

The guys on the course explain it all really well, here is a link to CAP 722
https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP%20722%20Sixth%20Edition%20March%202015.pdf

I wish you well for the course.

Regards,
John

1 Like

Thanks for the info John !, Looks like I will have some bedtime reading to do over Christmas.