Photo & video software

What photo and video editing software are you all using ?

1 Like

I use iMovie for video and Lightroom for photos (albeit an old version nowadays) :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Lightroom, Photoshop and Davinci Resolve.

3 Likes

Lightroom Mobile and powerdirector on my phone, Davinci Resolve on the laptop

3 Likes

FCPX on the Mac for video.

Photo Mechanic and Photoshop for photos

3 Likes

Powerdirector 16 for video and lightroom or photodirector for stills (windows)

3 Likes

Final Cut Pro X and mostly lightroom but occasionally GIMP which is opensource

3 Likes

Final Cut Pro X (just started) for video and Lightroom for stills.

3 Likes

Video

Android

• PowerDirector - if I have to - I try not to edit for more than basic social media use on phone when it’s urgent.

Windows

• DaVinci Resolve - most of the time - really like it!
  • Premiere (Elements) - sometimes - used Premiere for years.
  • PowerDirector - because I stupidly paid for it (because I used on my phone) and then discovered Resolve.

Photos

Android

• Lightroom CC - mainly
  • PhotoDrirector - sometimes
  • Aviary - more for annotation (but the app is being terminated).

Windows

• Photoshop (Elements) - mainly
  • PhotoDirector - sometimes - because I stupidly paid for it (with PowerDirector) - but since decided I’m not that keen on it.
3 Likes

Video - formerly Premiere cc and now Davinci Resolve.

Photos - Skylum Luminar

2 Likes

Hitfilm Express.
Free on Windows 10.
Can do special effects etc with optional extras for purchase.

2 Likes

Photoshop Elements 2018, Adobe Premiere Elements, Affinity Photo and Davinci Resolve particularly for colour grading.

2 Likes

Yes - and even the auto-colour seems to get me instantly to somewhere that’s good and an ideal starting point for any tweaking, I find.

Thanks for your help guys I’ve been looking at a few and I’ve seen most youtubers + good video makers use fcpx but I don’t have a Mac just thought I would ask on here before I invested in one but it seems there’s a few to try before I go balls deep and buy a Mac just for editing :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Once you do, you wont go back.

3 Likes

Bear in mind that Davinci is free

4 Likes

Anyone tried Blender, it’s free and available for Mac and Windows. I tried looking at Resolve but it seemed way over the top for doing some simple editing. I think I have it downloaded on my pc at home, maybe I will have a look at some tutorials on youtube when I get home.
I can’t see me going balls deep for a Mac after using Windows for the last 28 years.

Resolve cant be a bit daunting for a beginner but it wont take long to learn the basics for simple editing.

Good thing with Resolve is you can do the basics and grow into the rest.

If I was investing time in learning any software again it would be Resolve.

1 Like

@callum
Hi Callum, thanks for your advice, I guess you meant “can be a bit daunting”. But I get the point, thongs like Adobe In-design was a bit daunting and now it is easy.

Resolve does seem to be about the most popular software that members here use. I will percevere with it when I get home, but having said that my laptop is an i5 with 8gb ram and a 512gb ssd, so it should be able to cope with it.

I will download some tutorials on youtube and see how it goes, if I get stuck I am sure there are a few guys here that will help me out.

Thanks, Phil

1 Like

Don’t we all ;o)

2 Likes