Photos not syncing to phone

so it does, umm ?, better give that try !.
I was always under the impression that the original date stamp cannot be altered of a digital file (in other words ,when the photo was taken), unless you save it after editing it.
Well, ya learn sommit everyday Chrimbo !!!.
P.S. Well done on Winning the Treasure Hunt !!

1 Like

You can change anything.
The manual app I’ve used for years (Windows) is “Attribute Changer” … but not much use for bulk purposed.

Capture

Capture%20-%20Copy%20(7)

Umm, use that one, then the mass file renamer, looks a good allround answer for my needs !
Would be good if DJI had the various models of drones naming each file
(IE, DJI_AIR_0001, OR DJI_MAVIC_0001).
I have so many files, which I try to keep separate, but, I am always asking myself “was that taken on the Air or the Mavic”
Mind you, they would probably Balls that up!, like the firmware !!!

1 Like

Yeah - FANTASTIC …. for JPG, etc - but it seems the way DNG/MP4 seem to hold the exif is different and one cannot use/change that with the bulk renamer to access the Date Taken … even though it’s in the file properties.
Trying to find a work around.

Rich

I’ve been looking at the exif and file attributes of a load of files taken on my MP, and it seems (so far!) that … even some that have moved to Android and back … the “Date/Time Modified” is the same as “Date/Time Taken” … so one could use this instead.
I’ll research more …. but so far it seems good.

As for selecting the camera … “FC220” … whilst I can’t (yet) see how to manage this within the Bulk Rename Utility app, with some preparation work one can access/sort on this within Windows Explorter by …
a) Changing the view to Detail
b) Right Click on the column heading and select “More”
Capture

c) Scroll down and select “Camera Model”
Capture%20-%20Copy%20(9)

… and then you have a column you can sort on and select all the MP (FC220) or all the Inspire (whatever that is) for the JPGs … and then use Bulk Rename Utility.

Not a one-stop-shop solution … but might at least identify the folders that are from the MP or from the Inspire.

2 Likes

Interesting!! Thanks Dave, I’ll have a play around with this later in the week :+1:

1 Like

I’m in wedding mode the next couple of days (with MP!! :+1:) … but I was looking on the BRU forum and there were some ideas there for which I need a clearer head than has been available for a few days. :stuck_out_tongue:
Might post there and see if I get some clear answers.