Places to recommend in bedfordshire

Hi, everyone. I’m a new member here. I have been flying my Mavic Air for a year now until the lockdowns. Can anyone recommend places to fly in Bedfordshire? I have been using apps such as Guardian and AirMap to find places to fly but I’m not sure if it’s worth going to certain places where flying my drone is not worth the scenery. Any recommendations? :blush:

3 Likes

Welcome to GADC :slight_smile:

See the “hamburger” at the top right of the page? Click on that

See Drone Scene in the left hand column? Click on that

chrome_Q1may9Ildv

All the information you need to plan places to go, read descriptions and directions from people who have been there and information on where is legal to fly.

5 Likes

Hiya Phantom1962. I lived in Sandy for a good few years and visited lots of sites. Also flew microlights from there. Lots of farmland around Bedford. Great Barford on the Great Ouse has a lock and a weir and is surrounded by farmland. If you can get permission from a farmer then great. Otherwise I’d approach any church in the surrounding villages and ask the vicar if he wants some aerial shots of his church, ditto for Olney.
Just make sure you are in a non restricted fly zone and fly within the drone code.
Best of luck :smile:

Hi welcome

Thank you, PeteL_Mini2 for the info. I will surely keep that in mind. :blush:

Thank you macspite for the info. I appreciate your help. :slight_smile:

Thank you, Darren71. See you around. :slight_smile:

1 Like