The great big ‘What do you fly?’ Poll - 2017 Edition

Why did you sell the goggles? I’m now making and selling the inserts so you can pick from +1.25-3.50 magnification and wow these are now so clear I can see telegraph wires which don’t stand out on any phone screen.

Heavy, Wobbly, No adjustment for eyesight, I felt that paying £499 for a premium product deserved a premium product and there are so many things that are not right about them. I can tell you that the second version they bring out will not look anything like these, they be be something like the Epson Moverio BT-300FPV glasses. If the DJI ones were maybe £250-£275 then probably they are worth it, but should still have more eye adjustments.

Well don’t laugh but I had a hubson x4 before I stepped up to the Mavic. Big step I know but happy to say it was a step in the right direction. I done alot of research before hand on the Mavic watching pretty much every YouTube clip that there was on them before mine turned up. just fitted the bill perfectly for me. I’ve got the fly more combo plus one extra battery. I keep mine in a hard case along with a iPad mini 4. I do have some dji goggles to which are pretty dam cool but they don’t get used as often as I like being having to have a spotter with you. Lol Wonder if my 6 year old son can be classed as a spotter??
Anyway Mavic all the way for me!!!

2 Likes

We’ve got bit of a show-n-tell thread on cases going on at the moment here @Ashmav - Mavic storage, what do you use?

If you’d like to share some pics and details of the hard case you mentioned? :+1:

I Fly a Phantom 3 Advanced and Phantom 3 4K since 2015 currently looking to buy Mavic Pro :smiley:

1 Like

My first ever flying anythink was a very small helicopter years and years ago which was rubbish but i liked it untill it crashed i was watching youtube docs love wild life when it finished a mavic pro vid came on watched loads of them then went out and bought one from maplins in liverpool the more combo havent looked back since thats my story how i got a mavic pro

1 Like

I bought a Mavic pro fly more from Costco. Spent a frustrating amount of time updating firmware only to have it throw “compass 2 not working” error. I sent it back and was refunded, Costco are brilliant for that.
I now have an Autel x-star premium, bought on eBay from a guy who only flew it twice due to health issues.
It had three batteries and lots of other extras which weren’t used so it was a bargain.
Most x-star seem to be in the states. Easy to set up and fly.
Arguably not as good as dji but the overall package is very good. have only had a couple of test flights so far. Seems to be very beginner friendly.
Cheers, dunx.

1 Like

Welcome to the Grey Arrows @dunxs1 :smiley:

Had similar compass issues with my 2nd replacement Mavic so that went back to the retailer too.

I’m not familiar with the Autel’s, is this the one you have?

Yes it’s the white version though.i actually prefer the orange, makes it more visible.
The drone is very similar to dji phantom. Has 4k camera which is modular and removable, maybe upgradable in the future.
It flys well and has all the same return to home feature,waypoints, circle etc.
One not so good feature, follow me actually follows the controller or person holding the controller as opposed to a specified target.
Still lots to learn!
Dunx.

I do have one for sale if your still interested?

1 Like

Feel free to post some details in the For Sale & Wanted section, Andy :+1:

Mavic Pro.
First and only drone at the moment and have had zero regrets. Looking out for racing quad to help justify me having the RE goggles :grin:

1 Like

It’s been quite a while since I last flew this copter, Naza M V1, Dji OSD, Tiger Motors, GoPro, 5Cell Lipo and 35Mhz Radio. I modified the undercarriage later to retract, I was getting around 16 minutes of flight.

Started out with a Bugs 3, cheap action cam and Walkera gimbal. Great to learn the controls but quickly realised it’s limitations.
Moved on to a Spark, great wee drone only let down by the short flight times and 2 axis gimbal.
Was lucky enough to find a brand new Mavic with a spare battery on ebay for £680 and jumped at the chance. No idea how they could do it so cheap but hey, who cares at that price ! :+1:
The Mavic is in a different league. The ultimate in portability/quality and down right cool-ness. :smile:

3 Likes

Camera Quads and Hexes -
DJI - Mavic Pro
Cheerson CX-20 AKA Quanum Nova x3 modified c/w GoPro Hero 4 black
F550 custom with APM flight controller
Alien 690 with Pixhawk flight controller

Racing Quads -
Horizon Hobbies - Blade Mach 25
Walkera - Runner 250 Advance
Diatone - GT2 2017
Diatone - Tyrant 2017
Ragge - Curse - Custom build
Ragge - WBX5 - Custom build

Mini Quads (Tiny Woop) -
Horizon Hobbies - Inductrix x3
Horizon Hobbies - Inductrix FPV
Inductrix - Custom with F3 flight controller

Toys -
About 9 Syma quads that I started to learn on.

As you can see, I have an RC problem and this list did not include my other RC stuff.

1 Like

WHOA :open_mouth:

Er… yeah… you could say that :rofl:

But, as per the laws of the interwebs, we need photos please :smiley:

1 Like

I can manage that though you’re gonna laugh. The are few surfaces that are not decorated in my flat.

20180109_222544

20180111_001300

DSC00373

4 Likes

Bloody hell!!! :open_mouth:

You weren’t kidding!!

They are EVERYWHERE!!!

Great work :smiley:

Strewth! :open_mouth: