Pontsticill Spillway

This was shot last summer when we’d had many days of dryness and Wales supplying water across the country…

As the title states, this is the spillway at Pontsticill (bridge near a stile) Reservoir. At the time I wasn’t sure how the drone would handle as the winds were quite high and I was new to the MA. But I was very pleasantly surprised by its stability.

12 Likes

That’s a cracking photo @stubbyd :clap:t2:

Were you not tempted to descend down the bell mouth for a looksee??

1 Like

Not with the high gusting winds that day…bear in mind that this was my new drone having lost my prior to a sudden gust on what was a still day. :smile:

1 Like

Nice one @stubbyd

Even though I know the area, I would never have identified it as Pontsticill :+1:

1 Like

And a very similar shot in January this year.

4 Likes

Great to see the contrasts between the two from the muddy brown low water to the bluer one with the water back.

I plan to return sometime to hopefully grab a similar one with water this time.

1 Like

I love it up that way, @imleonbrown is often up there as well.

1 Like

Me as well but finding time is always the issue for me. Maybe this weekend as i never go away on BH’s.

Might even try and persuade the fam to join me and do a tromp up Pen-y-fan.

1 Like

I’m working this weekend, if you go up Pen y Fan remember it’s National Trust :wink:

1 Like

They’ll have to catch me first. :rofl:

2 Likes

That’s the sort of talk I like !!, man after me own heart !!.

1 Like

Yeah, I had some tosser with a lanyard telling me the, sorry, his idea of the rules when I was walking down tracking us from a reasonable distance, I was too knackered to argue so just walked off :laughing:

1 Like