Poole in Dorset new member

Hi to everyone!
Just joined and am liking the website. Only trouble is I think I may have got confused with the definition of the word ‘drone’. I was under the impression that it included any flying model that was RC. Having now joined it seems that everyone is exclusively using multi-rotor drones, I suppose the title of the club was a bit of a giveaway :crazy_face: Anyway i’m still having fun reading topics that are about my area and looking out for new places to fly, which is I guess the real reason which I signed up in the first place. At the moment I am into fixed wing aircraft, only small models, I have a small eachine micro and an FMS 800mm P51 warbird but who knows maybe in the future I may stray into realm of multi-rotors.
So i’ll say Hello to you all and keep up the good work, cheers.

1 Like

Hi Adrian - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

You’ll find some fixed wing flyers here too :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Excellent news, thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Ade1 and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Hi @OzoneVibe and thanks for all the info :smiley:.
Yes I have already found the members map and had a good look in my local area. as yet I haven’t found anybody who’s into fixed wing but it’s early days yet and I have had several members giving me good advice, which is great and a friendly start to my membership.
I’ve also looked on the excellent dronescene and will next have a good search on the site.
Thanks for the welcome!

1 Like

@Ade1 - I’ve tagged @Chris4Koi in this reply - I believe he’s a fixed wing flyer as well as drones :+1: :+1: :+1:

sounds good, the more the merrier! :grin:

Welcome Adrian to GADC :grinning:

Welcome from the Black Country mate.

To #DroneGeek and #Hotrodspike , Thanks for the welcome guys!

Sorry I should of said; To @DroneGeek and @Hotrodspike, thanks foe the welcome. Will get to grips with controls sooner or later :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Don’t worry - we never stop learning :slight_smile: