Portsmouth By Night - Mavic 2 Pro

Thought I’d try a quick flight up Portsdown Hill (between the controlled flight area and the HIRTA zone, totally legal and safe! I checked!) for a quick test of night photos and the hyperlapse setting on Mavic 2 Pro.

Here @PingSpike!, Have I earned some kind of badge??? :slight_smile:

Very good but…are you sure you’re not stalking me?! I work at PDH! :flushed::laughing:

Alas - there are no badges, that you’ve not already been awarded, that are relevant.

Nice pics/vid, though.

Is there scope for the focus being a little sharper next time?
I have to admit, getting optimum focus for night shots has been my disappointment.
Probably a big screen (CS?) might help … and then, as you tweak to get it as good as one can, you are getting colder and the drone’s batteries are getting lower - so one goes with something that’s not quite perfect.

Nice, I like the hyperlapse especially.

Oh I missed so many things! Forgot to put it into tripod mode and had to stablize it in Final Cut afterwards. Def need to think about focus. I was more worried about light, exposure and not getting the police called out for some weirdo in a field at night!

Love the Hyperlapse !, what were your camera settings?
Must get out and play more over Christmas with my M2P !.
and also try the night hyperlapse mode.

God knows! :slight_smile: I did it by eye.

No filters, manual mode, iso100, largest aperture, slide shutter speed til it looked right :wink:

Same as stills? The exif of the stills will tell you.

:rofl:

Been a bit preoccupied last few weeks so missed these Glenn - close to me but I have only flown a few times on Portsdown and never at night - another one to try in 2019! Great images and really like the hyperlapse :raised_hands: