Positive droning

Over the past 2 days , I have been down to my local park, and set myself up on a bench flying my drone and not one negative comment. In fact the people where very positive about what I was doing.

9 Likes

I have never had negative attitudes either. Well not face to face anyway.
I was approached this evening by a woman with her little girl who wanted her daughter to see what Morecambe Bay looked like from above. I was happy to oblige.

7 Likes

Yeah, I’ve never had any negative comments really other than once when a lady thought that she knew the drone laws better than me. 99 per cent of the time I normally have a couple of spectators interested in what I’m seeing

2 Likes

Yeh I have had similar lots of positive comments and stopping to ask questions of what drone it is and how good is the picture quality and when I show them on my iPad they are amazed and complimentary only had one guy tell me I was on private property I just left as I had already finished getting the shots I wanted and was in no mode to argue but did not see any signs up anywhere I think he was just being a knob :joy:

6 Likes

There is always one bigheaded knob

2 Likes

Haha yep

again today , nothing but mutual respect from us and dog walkers.

2 Likes

I had the landowner come to me last week just amazed how stable the drones are and how clear the pictures/vids are and asked how much to have some arial prints done, i of course said absolutely nothing as you’re kind enough to let me fly on your land, i now have another farm to fly on and also do pest control for them. Happy days :grin::grin::+1::+1::+1:

7 Likes

Nice one Matty

1 Like

The only downfall is it’s 97 miles away and can only get there Sunday till Monday afternoon lol

2 Likes

Never mind Dave @Matty1 at least it’s all positive and puts the farmer in amiable mood for others that follow in your footsteps.
See you on the Chase soon hopefully.
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I recently posted some sunrise pics taken from a field at the top of our village, did it openly ( took a chance) as I didn’t know who owned it.
On the way back I met a couple walking the same route with there dogs, chatted a while about the beautiful view from there and I asked if they new who owned it? Turned out it’s their farm and as like others they were really interested in what I’d been doing and said I was welcome to fly from there whenever I want “ just don’t film the house garden as it’s a mess” :rofl: :rofl:
Goes to show not everyone is anti drone. :grin: :smile: :smile:

7 Likes

One of my New Years Resolutions apart from more droning, is to always have my cheapo VisuoXS812 which is a brilliant little learning drone and weighs well within the 250g limit including battery readily available and charged so anyone who shows an interest can be invited to have a first short go at flying. My usual practice haunt gets the occasional walkers, passers-by so is a very safe area to learn.

I haven’t any time now for using it myself and it has 6 batteries available. Might dispel some of the worries some people have through lack of positive information and spread the good word.

1 Like

had another good day . the general public where resectful an polite. what a good flying session

1 Like