Post production

Problem we have is the mp4 file created by mavic is a final delivery codec and not efficient to edit with.
The preview in premiere is nothing like playing mp4 in another player, the computer is effectively rendering a new video on the fly.
Most processes in premiere are cpu intensive but a few effects also use GPU.

Also keep the media you are going to be editing on the same drive as premiere is installed. Preferably at least a SATA SSD.

If the preview is stuttering, check what quality setting you have it at and try dropping down to 1/2 or even 1/4.

Its only a preview.

I’ve got an overclocked quad core i7, 32gb RAM, GTX980 6Gb and usually have preview set at 1/2 if I’m using lumetri and a few other effects.

When editing 4k mp4 you just have to accept that preview is never going to be perfectly smooth unless you have a beast of a gaming PC.

Sorry Steve maybe somebody with Apple experience can help with this one, I won’t have an Apple product in the house :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Can’t help with whether it will run it or not, but curious why you wouldn’t go for Final Cut Pro X?

Everyone with Macs seem to rave about it.

Its not cheap at £299 but neither is Premiere at £20 a month. That’s £240 for just the first year.