Power Pack for RC

Just wondering if anybody is using one of these (or similar) to keep the RC charged up whilst on location? If so, is it effective, easy to use etc. etc.??

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Poweradd-Portable-Universal-External-Red-Black/dp/B00XVTJKCQ/ref=pd_rhf_ee_s_bmx_0_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00XVTJKCQ&pd_rd_r=d8d2889c-26de-445a-94ad-87890259e720&pd_rd_w=jBw6m&pd_rd_wg=oXvcJ&pf_rd_i=desktop-rhf&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=050b4e79-9741-4d37-a862-98cb24fbcc14&pf_rd_r=M07JK9VVMC4BSHX2RZD1&pf_rd_s=desktop-rhf&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=M07JK9VVMC4BSHX2RZD1

Yes - I have similar - and slightly larger.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01JIWQPMW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
(Although it wasn’t anywhere near that price when I bought it. :open_mouth: )

However, generally, I tend to find that the RC will last more than long enough for my 4 Mavic batteries to be used, so never really needed.

I do a lot of trekking, so tend to use to keep RC, 2 phones (one dedicated to RC) and a few other things, topped up as I walk when not flying … mainly just to minimise the number of things that need to be plugged in somewhere when I get to next place with power.

Also - with three outputs - it reduces the number of mains->usb chargers I need to carry.The power pack takes longer than most of my items to recharge, so it’s charged last, and over-night, once everything else has been fully re-charged.

I too find that a fully charged RC is good enough for a full days flying. Especially when used with an iPhone as the phone does not drain the RC battery. From what I can remember, a 20min flight used 5% or less of the RC battery.

You will however need portable power to charge your phone. Think my iPhone (6s) drops 15/20% per flight.

I must admit, I DO wish the Android phone charging from the RC could be (easily) prevented/switched!
I’m on Android, and still get 4 MP batteries worth of flying from the RC.
My phone lasts a good 12+ hours without needing a charge! … 24+ hrs when at home and good wifi/mobile signals.

Same here. I bought an android phone with a 4000mAh battery to be my dedicated screen.

If I only use it as a dedicated screen, the phones battery would never drop below 80% and I’d always be charging it fully before a day of flying so it doesn’t drain the RC too much.

Thought that this would ruin the phones battery so I try to use the phone for other things now as well.

1 Like