Practice Practice Practice

Cleadon Hills this afternoon, returned to Cleadon Hills today to practice video shots , here is a still of the old windmill with the water tower behind taken during a break in the unpredictable weather. Got to take my hat off to you guys posting videos as I’m not sure if I got much useable footage during my flight, I need to enlist the help of my sons younger brain to edit my footage, and he may in turn need the help of you guys to post my first video

11 Likes

Cracking image. Love the colours. Others may have a different opinion but I’d say that a good estimate is that only 15% of what I shoot actually makes it into a finished video. The more you have, the more usable footage you have. I also think the choice of the wrong music can break a video regardless of the editing skills used to create it. Finding that right piece of music can sometimes take as long as the editing.

Cracking pic of the hills - I spent many happy hours up there as a youngster :slight_smile:

@OldSoulBoy Thanks I appreciate your comments and advice, so location, subject , weather, smooth as silk video footage, appropriate music and I could be on a winner, I’ll practice getting my stills right for a while yet

@MartG1960 Thanks, it’s a ten minute walk from my house I often walk our dog there so its handy for practice flights, ponies graze there now autumn to spring but I’ve flown while they were about and it didn’t cause them any distress

I used to live at South Bents - could see the windmill and water tower from the back of the house :slight_smile:

Most of us get GBs of footage :joy: ( bet everyone is smiling and nodding in acknowledgement :wink::face_with_hand_over_mouth:) then we spend ages deciding what makes it in to a 4 minute video :joy::+1:t2:

serversgif

but then still hang onto TBs of footage… just in case :flushed: :man_shrugging:t2::joy:

2 Likes

agree with all that has been said. colour, contrast… sharpness is great too.