Pretty decent video from 'Toy' Drone eh?

Seems most people on here are DJI owners. Sadly I’m not a proud owner of a DJI, but I have a few ‘toy’ drones and I was sent a Bayangtoys X21 for review a couple of years ago. It’s a ‘toy’ drone, at the time around £170. Now replaced with the X22. £150. 2 Gps, RTH , follow me etc. the usual stuff. It came fitted with a cheap camera, gimbal and wifi FPV, which didn’t work on UK wifi frequency! BUT I added a ‘proper’ gimbal, added arduino tilt control, added FPV, 5.8 ghz, and mostly use a Firefly 7S camera (also a freebie, 50+ action cameras reviewed on my channel as well!) I think results are very acceptable.

My channel is here. Please check it out! bobflyman - YouTube

Lots of RC stuff including drones and FPV also lots of paragliding (20+ years paragliding now) and a bit of paramotoring. And sailing, wild life, camera tests including a couple of FPV cameras.

Here’s a video from it. Camera on this video is the GitUp Git 2. I think quality is pretty good?

Here’s another this time with the Firefly 7S camera. Both the Git2 and 7S are FPV I fly FPV.

You can see the gimbal set up at the start of this video. A bit heavy and with a camera I only fly for about 7 mins. Still it does the job and didn’t cost £500 or £1000!

6 Likes

This adds a Coastal Flyer Badge to your profile! :+1:

1 Like

This is the one I intended to include. It’s smoother!

2 Likes

Top job @bobflyman - thanks for sharing :+1:t2:

1 Like

Looks good.

1 Like

Hi bobflyman
I haven’t been using drones for long and had a cheap hubsan h501s. Your drone looks much better than the hubsan. It doesn’t have a gimbal.
Anyway back to your drone I think the video looks good to me. :+1:

Thanks mate!

That’s weird, when I looked at it a while back it was showing a different video.
Which is why I put another video on, but now it’s showing two the same?

This was one I intended to put up.

and this was on a beach with a camera from Matecam the X1

I heated the legs on the drone and bent them out a bit so now they don’t come into the frame. (Well unless movement is extreme!)

2 Likes