Probable stupid question

Hi

I have just had the time to get my Mavic 2 Pro out of its case and prepare to take it for its inaugural flight/maiden voyage. I decided to try starting the motors with no props attached just to check that all worked as expected, this is where the stupid question arises. I did the CSCX and moved both sticks down & to the middle to start the motors. The motors started and a voice from the remote said ‘taking off’. It was in Opti mode and the slide switch is set to P. I have been through the manual and can’t find any relevant info. I’m sure that on my P4 when the motors started they just idled and the aircraft sat on the ground until stick input. I have updated the firmware on everything and all updates were reported as being successful.

The question is, am I doing something wrong or should I expect that the aircraft will take off immediately on motor start and then just hover?

Thanks in advance

It “says” taking off … but it idles when you release the sticks and doesn’t actually “take off”.

1 Like

• Yes, it’s an MP, not an M2P
  • Yes, I’ve not attached my phone (No spoken announcement - but the RC display shows “Taking Off”)
  • Yes, it almost went straight to GPS Mode (Second take. :wink:)
  • Yes, it’s in an NFZ as is my house, modded firmware to enable the most basic tests in the garden.

None of these change what you will experience.

It says “Taking Off”, but will happily idle with sticks centred, until you press forward on the left stick.

2 Likes

Thanks

I’ll take it out somewhere with plenty of space and give it a go

With your experience of the P4, you’ll find everything a doddle! :+1:

Have fun!

1 Like