Propwash

Thats Batshit nutz :smiley: (And potentially expensive :rofl: )

How does full manual work with a dji? Does it still have auto level or can you override it?

I did skim the grass once … and always took the precaution of removing the GoPro and DJI H33D Gimbal beforehand. :wink:

Dave, you HAVE to get a toothpick class quad - it’ll cheer you right up!

Every “assist” is disabled. I guess it’s no different to one of your racing ones other than power to weight is FAR lower and rotational inertia FAR higher.

Nope - it will make me poorer. That has never cheered me up. :wink:

Reminds me of the other half

1 Like

The batteries need replacing … the old ones don’t give 5 minutes.
Some time I will get a new one and I’m wanting to have the MP flying to video a flip with the P2.

Dude - its the closest you’ll get to Tron in real life.

1 Like

It’s painful to watch.

3 Likes

In my experience, learning to fly away from prop wash is the least complicated way…just keep practicing…but it’s also worth noting that by removing the props you get rid of 100% of the prop wash…:clown_face:

1 Like

Is this mainly a descent issue? I was taught to come down in a spiral to avoid any issues like that

Its when I come out of a fast flip or roll. I guess I shouldn’t hang around for too long after I have done the manoeuvre.

You can usually combat prop wash by upping be the d-term on your PID configuration. Best bet is to check out the videos done by Joshua Bardwell or if you really want to learn the nitty gritty UAV Tech on YouTube.

Generally though even slight forward momentum is enough to eliminate it.

Yeah. I found a really good video. It was mainly about pegasus and tuning and was nearly 2hrs long so you can butter your pids.
But do you know what? I’m not even there yet. I fly a 5" AND a whoop on the same pids, and they feel the same. Balls to it for a while. I’ll just ignore all this tuning stuff / blackbox and fly.

Its long, But the two guys are great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX2RCyVnq6s