Puzzling non sale on Ebay of Inspire 2

Just for fun followed auction for brand new unused INSPIRE 2 with no camera which just closed without reaching its reserve. Seller said they bought it for project that didn’t start so not needed.

Amongst 4 bidders - not me, although maybe wished I had made a realistic punt. The top bid was £1180! Since the new price is £3058 you could describe that as optimistic. Surely anyone other than a tyre kicker/test pilot type would know what it was worth? I would have thought brand new would be worth a reserve of £2500 at least and you would still be saving £500+ which would enable with a new X5s for circa £2K to have a very tasty piece of kit worth over £5K for £4.5K-ish. Not a totally bad deal IMHO even if a bit rich for my blood.

Thoughts?

I’d have said around the 2k mark, used is usually 2/3rds of the price regardless of condition but you’re right about people not knowing what they’re really bidding on :grin::+1:

This was unused, in the box it came in, just taken out to photograph I imagine. There are/have been others which are certainly used with camera for 75%/80% of new so it appears to me at least that there is really no “going” %-age rate. Simply a matter of what the seller thinks its worth which is sometimes over optimistic and other times a steal and then there are the cheeky bids from chancers.

I haven’t been on Ebay for buying or selling for some years so am a bit out of the goings on there and strategy but was interesting to see what is on offer. The other thing I don’t get is that some put a To Buy price and others like this one rely on an auction where they clearly want shut of it so why not put your minimum price you will take at least IMO it would increase your chance of getting rid.

Many years back I put an immaculate quite rare fully loaded V6 Honda Accord flying machine on Ebay at a moderate reserve. Had numerous enquiries and compliments on the state of the car. 1 buyer - a friend who had always wanted it! So he got it dirt cheap and didn’t even have to go far to collect it. Never really forgiven him for that in my own head but hardly his fault. Just a bit niggled that he didn’t make me a bit of a better offer privately and I would have taken it off.

1 Like

People just want things for nothing 90% of the time buddy, I’ve stopped selling on Ebay for exactly that reason, Ebay also expect you to give your possessions away lol

1 Like

@mockingbird71 Hi I too have seen this over the last week or so and wondered, was one the ‘fly more’ and one not Maybe? Also Mini is not easily available at the moment so maybe it’s a case of supply and demand ?

1 Like

As a long term eBay buyer this is what would go through my head! In no particular Order as they say!

No credit? It’s a big purchase price
Not a complete bundle, no camera
Lack of portability
No warranty
Can I trust this seller, what’s his feedback ‘As a seller’
Is he offering returns if I get it and it has issues- I guess not? Long wait to get your money back even with eBays dispute process
Hate, Hate, Hate reserve price auctions Nothing worst on a ‘limited interest’ item than bidding against the ‘chancers‘ only to not make the reserve price - For that reason I never even watch reserve price auctions!

And the one I feel is most relevant and the reason for my previous similar discuss on eBay sales I wonder if this now is a ‘Professional Only‘ drone 70mph ish and long range So as a professional would you want a 2nd hand non warranties item with no Dji backup?

Finally YES you can get some super bargains off eBay you can also ‘get what you paid for’

@mockingbird71 back in stock then! Enjoy :grinning:

1 Like

P.S how do you do that thing at the beginning of a reply where you can show a snapshot of a previous ‘part comment’ your replying to Still haven’t figured that out yet HaHa

This item was new and not registered so full warranty and returns then to DJI and not the seller. Indeed it is a professional drone so most wouldn’t consider it. Clearly a very niche item so you would expect buyers to know what it is. Surely most people would not shell out big money for something they knew very little about. On the other hand “there is nowt as queer as folk”. Anyone expecting 70 mph would be very disappointed except maybe in our recent gales.

Interest free credit via PayPal for 4 months and also PayPal protection would be available to many.
The price reflects no camera which would be an extra £2K new from almost anywhere the following day so would not be a deal-breaker for a professional who knows their stuff and prices.

Your critiques are all quite relevant and probably on most buyer’s pre-purchase checklist but specific to that item which clearly wouldn’t suit your needs of being portable and having a camera in the box.already.

Incidentally the item is re-advertised today at £2550 (i thought worth £2500) to buy which would still leave it £500 under shop price which although still pricey is a pretty hefty discount. My boot is big enough but won’t be bidding but interested to see if having failed at £1180 it now sells at the new asking price.

2 Likes

Thank you !

Given your very carefully consideration of the advert (I didn’t see it myself) then it will be truly interesting to see if there are any pros out there that will take advantage of the ‘buy it now’ button, remember You need 2 serious bidders to get it up to and beyond its reserve if relying on auction bidding to get it less than ‘Buy it now price’ for what does appear to be a bargain May be its suffering from post Christmas funding crisis :grin:

1 Like

Just had a look at the ad and he doesn’t state this now so probably has even less chance of selling it than before? Don’t you need the original receipt in your name to make any claims against DJI most companies won’t let you transfer warranties

Do note he has removed from ‘auction’ now and it’s ‘Buy now with best offer option‘ unfortunately if it goes for a best offer price then we’ll never get to know final price paid

If genuine, got to feel sorry for the guy :disappointed:

1 Like

Not really interested in bidding but just following the market and working out what to look for and avoid for someone who hasn’t been on Ebay at all for years. I did actually enquire with the seller after I posted above re warranty. He said that it was definitely unregistered and still had cellophane wrapping on the controller. He said according to DJI it was covered for 90 days for parts and labour so possibly/probably out of warranty as he had had it for longer. That would be worth investigating for future reference as on registration DJI can then tell when or if it was flown so when does warranty start from. I’m no expert but probably the batteries should have been charged regularly and not allowed to go too low as that could be a pricey concern.

He seemed very straightforward and said fully understood concerns over warranty. I guess its down to risk taking/nerve. I find it hard to be cynical about something that is clearly pristine and unused but on the other hand am nervous of sight unseen and even more nervous about spending big wodges of money. I would guess it would go maybe for less than asking. Will be interesting to see. I do feel sorry for the guy who seems honest as he will lose heavily whatever the sale price if indeed it goes.

1 Like