Queens view march 2022

The Queen’s View in Highland Perthshire overlooks Loch Tummel and is said to have been named after Queen Victoria, following her visit to the area in 1866.

The Queen’s View Visitor Centre lies at the eastern edge of Loch Tummel and is surrounded by part of the Tay Forest Park. As well as a stunning viewpoint overlooking the loch and beyond to the iconic Schiehallion, the area offers a range of woodland walks suitable for all abilities.

One of the most photographed areas in Scotland, Queen Victoria is said to have remarked that the spectacular view was named after her, when she visited the area in 1866. However, it has also been suggested that the view was in fact named after King Robert the Bruce’s wife, Queen Isabella of Scotland, over 550 years earlier.

6 Likes

Stunning John :clap:

1 Like

there was a cloud inversion when we arrived lol

Thank you

1 Like

I was there a few weeks back, good to see you had better weather than me. My Mini 2 was in the air less than two minutes :smiley:

1 Like

We where there two months ago .

1 Like

You’ve had better luck with the weather than me, John :grin:

1 Like

It’s a 1st class place to fly mind and a good drive

Lol remind me never to go flying with you .oh I use netweather.tv never let me down yet.

Oh my mate who was with me sent his mini 2 over the loch, forgot to change it from photo to video, got home no video ooops

My boss has a caravan in Blair Atholl that he lets me use a couple of times a year so Queen’s view is only a ten minute trip, I’ll get there again when the weather is better. I always take a camera and my Osmo Pocket with me as back up in case I can’t fly the drone. :+1:

1 Like

We’ve plans for a trip up to torridon again