RAF Upwood Meetup TBA

I’m sure we…

will want to give it a try anyway :smiley:

1 Like

I’ll dig up info on fb

1 Like

I may be able to go for a reccy in advance as its only 20 mins from mine. Also another bando not far from there (actually across the road from my normal flying site) an old disused outdoor activity centre could be pretty cool I was thinking of checking that out on the weekend.

2 Likes

Cheers man!

1 Like

I will let you know if I can find out anything definitive but probably still worth asking around if you know people in the know. Used to go on there all the time with no bother.

2 Likes

This is a shot of the other bando I am on about, lots of other buildings, one was also burnt down a year or so back so if you ever wanted to practice powerlooping through windows…

2 Likes

Now that ive seen this im 100% trying it on this weekend…very cool location

2 Likes

@Howard78 @speatuk @milkmanchris

@jamiesmum

2 Likes

Orate lads thought I would introduce myself I’m Ben from around Mansfield area looking at coming down to the meet next week (thingers crosses all goes to plan with holidays from work) didn’t want to turn up as a complete stranger. I haven’t been flying long about 2 weeks on and off (don’t get alot of time off being a truck driver) Just wanted to get to know some people in the drone scene and have fun flying about.

3 Likes

We’ll have to wait to see what access is like Ben. Hopefully @Fluffy will have a good spot to fly if not

1 Like

Yeah thats all good I drive all day so travelling is not a problem

1 Like

Be good to meet ya fella!

Ill see if I can get over there on the weekend (just got reminded of a stag im supposed to be attending on saturday though)

If Upwood is a bust we can always try Mepal and if that is ALSO a bust (i think they have security since it got burnt down) can always just hop over to my usual flying club and zoom about no worries.

1 Like

Looks like another jolly to matlock might be in order soon

1 Like

Oh yes I saw that bando looks amazing really looking forward to flying that.

Hopefully @SirGunner can get a day pass :grin:

Matlock is a 4hr drive each way for me so will have to be a full day out :grin:

Look at it this way. You only have to drive for 2 hours, then it would be silly to turn around and go back. Winner!

Yeah Matlock would certainly be some commitment for me.

1 Like

@notveryprettyboy if you don’t mind me asking were abouts are you based

1 Like

Um Coventry. I drive all over though. Brighton to Aberdeen. Holland to Ireland.

1 Like