Recommendations for a hdmi to hdmi wireless link / hdmi wireless sender

Hi all.
I have a ground based antenna tracker. The niggle is, is that I need a mini hdmi to mini hdmi cable running from that to my fpv goggles. It’s no problem, but I would ideally like to have a short range, zero lag, wireless hdmi setup.
I’ve seen some about, say at the £150 mark.
Does anyone know if they are good? Do they have a time delay in the signal? Does anyone have any cheaper alternatives?

Been looking at similar for other reasons.

Just thinking, I’m pretty sure there’s no power feed from the HDMI port to power them. All the ones I’ve seen have had a separate power socket/supply.

Not sure about goggles and how easy that would be to arrange.

The psu wouldn’t be an issue for me. I could rig it up.
It’s the fact that the tracker moves and to have a potential wire snag concerns me

1 Like

Would one of these (or longer) make life easier?

Perhaps a straight to the tripod/whatever holds the tracker and then connect to one of these to provide for movement?

That’s what’s in my basket. Just trying to be clever though.
I see most senders are wifi based with over 100ms latency.

1 Like

Yeah - kit with low latency seems to be very much the realm of the big budget video production world … with prices to help them justify bigger budgets. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I can see it needs to be a 60ghz model for low latency

1 Like

None of those that have sat in my Amazon wishlist for some time are better than 100ms.

Not something that’s so critical for my proposed usage.

“No latency” … a big claim!

2.5ms apparently

1 Like

Let me know how good they really are … if you get them.

But 2.5 has to be better than 100+

1 Like

I bought this. It works very well. But you need clear line of sight between the rx and tx or it freezes (I guess it’s the short wavelength), then looses the link. No lag as far as I can tell, tested via fpv sitting 1m away from a ground based tracker. Felt just like an hdmi cable.

The tx just plugs in like a dongle, standard hdmi port, no power needed, the rx plugs in and needs usb power. Mini hdmi on rx.

Was only wondering, earlier today, if you’d bought/tried.

Hmmm. Didn’t think the default HDMI had power. Or perhaps most items I’ve seen don’t use that power. Need to check my laptop HDMI (and Google the HDMI wiring spec, of course).

At that price, I might get one to play with.

Thanks for the update. :+1:

I had a problem with the rx side. The tx and rx would not pair when the rx was on my goggles. But it would with my tv. Some sort of copyright or handshake? I bought a hdmi passthrough copier for £15 from amazon and with it connected to the rx, it paired. I unplugged, put in my goggles, and all was fine.
@Steviegeek goggles paired fine on startup. :man_shrugging:

As Steve and I agreed though, the more wireless you get, the more wires you seem to need

1 Like

Skyzone 04X

:laughing: :laughing:

Just ordered a tx/rx.

Now can use the TV as an extended desktop for Davinci Resolve colour scopes … rather than a long cable draped across the room for tripping over.

Will be good for F1 via SkyGo, too … mind, there’s so much lag/buffering on that another second delay wouldn’t make any apparent difference, but the scopes need to respond to adjustments in real time.